Sport Bikes banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banana i went on my first group ride. i had so much freaking fun. i did really good and i am really proud of myself... cant wait to do it again. i only like riding at night though. when there is nobody out. feel like a vampire.. they took care of me and watched for me to make surei was ok. but i felt like i was holding them back because they werent all over the road like they usually are pulling up and smacking butts and such.. so what do you guys think about newbies riding with you and you cant ride it like you want. they said they would ride with me anytime but i dont want to put them out.. :banana i love these little bannanas. i do they are so cute :banana

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Better that your friends are waiting for you than leaving you behind. If they invited you to come along again, it's probably fine with them. It sounds like they might need some "moderation" at night anyway. :lol

Be extra alert for road hazards. They can really sneak up on you at night.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
+1 on being smart, riding your own ride, and making them wait up for you rather than you trying to keep up with their pace. :cheers

I really enjoy riding at night too. Just gotta be real careful not to overrun your headlight - it's very easy to do. I'm a big fan of auxiliary illumination.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
F&D said:
+1 on being smart, riding your own ride, and making them wait up for you rather than you trying to keep up with their pace. :cheers

I really enjoy riding at night too. Just gotta be real careful not to overrun your headlight - it's very easy to do. I'm a big fan of auxiliary illumination.
running the headlight what does that mean? i go the speedlimit except round curves well sharp ones havent gottent hose good. but i love me and i love my bike. I know my limits and i do not push them especially on a bike.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
dreamy333 said:
running the headlight what does that mean?
"Overrruning your headlight" means going too fast to react to something by the time it shows up in your headlight beam. It's very easy to do; especially with the single stock headlight on most bikes.

At 60mph, you are traveling 88 feet per second. Now, how far down the road does your headlight really illuminate? 150', 200' maybe? So you're cruising down a fun backroad at night doing 60... all of a sudden your headlight shows a fallen tree-limb across the road up ahead. It takes you a second to react and grab the brakes. Now you only have 112' left to stop from 60mph - you're not gonna make it! That's what I mean by "overrunning your headlight".

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've outran my headlight before, it sucks. Was on my way to the beach with some friends and there was a dead cat in the road. Had to go into the oncoming traffic lane, thankfully there was no one coming the other way. still ran over the tail but dodged the main body.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
what do u mean smacking butts?

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Gotta be really, really careful at night, shit really sneaks up on you.

·
It's good to B-King
3,290 Posts
Some of the best rides I had were at night. You can (usually) get away with more speed under cover of darkness, but mainly there is just something about riding with a bunch of friends under the highway lighting with the cool air rushing by you.

It is kind of surreal in a way.

·
Registered
488 Posts
riding at night is awesome.. i DONT hit any twisties or go for intense knee draggin rides or anything, but cruising along on the highways and main roads is awesome at night..watch out for drunks though.. I have seen countless amounts of them on my 1am and later rides.. awesome time to practice stunting too.. just make sure you do a pass or two BEFORE pullin that front wheel up, make sure there is nothing in the road..:) have fun and be safe..

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
glad you had a good time, I really don't care to ride much at night time around here too many bad surfaced roads

1 - 14 of 14 Posts