Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone else would be interested, I am riding out to Sugar River Raceway in Brodhead on Saturday (7/9/05) to see Tammy and Mike race.

I have put together a nice little ride out there.

The races on Saturday are night races. Tammy informed me that they will be there at 4:30pm, the track goes hot for practice at 5pm, and the races start at 6:30pm.

I will be at BFS at 1:30pm...kickstands up at 2pm.

If anyone else joins me, I will leave it up to the masses as to how we get home...back roads or I43.

Come on people lets get together, there haven't been enuf group rides this summer.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
hmmmm....from the looks of it Brian, you are it! :)

That's ok, we'll have fun anyways!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Damn I am going down there for a race myself on Sunday. Can't really make the trip twice this weekend =(

·
Registered
333 Posts
I will be there racing also so be sure to make yourself known to me if you come. I ride the XR50 with the Bud Light Graphics.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Anyone make it down with you, Brian? I wanted to go, but my MSF class didn't get out till 3:00 today. That and I went to Scumfest tonight. I'm sorry, it was Summerfest.

How was the ride? And the spectating?

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I just got home, did I miss it??? :D

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Well it was nice!!! Moses made it down! I hope he considers bringing the fiddy next time....it is SO MUCH FUN!

Here's a quick recap-I had an AMAZING lowside in turn one. I was trying something new and well...it didn't work to well. :lao But from what I understand the crash was spectacular, including a couple of rolls on the ground!! :lao
No crashes for Hawker though (finally)!
All in all a fun time was had by all. Thanks Brian for making it down, sure hope to see you and the fiddy next race!!! <sing-song voice on>Davisa....you need to do this!!!</voice> :lao

·
Registered
333 Posts
My race day didn't go so well. I shattered the clutch basket on my race bike 2 laps into the first practice. Borrowed someone else's bike got 9th out of 25 or so bikes in both heat races. Then on the main I crashed on the first lap. Everyone passed me and my race was over. I still finished but it wasn't worth anything. Oh well the next race is August 6th at 5 p.m. the track goes hot for practice

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
blndebmbr said:
Here's a quick recap-I had an AMAZING lowside in turn one. I was trying something new and well...it didn't work to well. :lao But from what I understand the crash was spectacular, including a couple of rolls on the ground!! :lao
No crashes for Hawker though (finally)!
I had a great time at the races...as can be seen by the fact that I didn't leave until the day was over (approx. 11:30pm) with almost a 2 hour ride home.

Mike and Tammy, it was really cool to hang with the two of you between your heats. Thanks for coming out of the pits...I pulled a Greg :eek:nfloor Jason it was really nice to see you again. Sorry about the problems. I'm also sorry since I didn't seem to get any pics of you.

Tammy, it was really nice to meet your son (I don't think I got his name) and Sierra (the infamous broken arm girl...ie the "I didn't want my mom to pass me" girl). She must have shown me her scar a half dozen times.

Enuf talking...on with the pics!

After the AMAZING lowside:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More...

I think the last pic is right before you did the huge wheelie at the start...trying to get the holeshot :lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tammy, make sure you show this one to Sierra. I told her that I was going to put it on the internet for everyone to see...she begged me not to :urowned

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This last one would be me if and when I take the :fiddy to the track. Yeah this guy came in last every small wheel class race, but it looked like a hell of a lot of fun. From what I could see, it looked like he was running a pretty much stock CRF50 with a big bar kit and a muffler.

Mike and Tammy, when you get more info on the race that's going to take place in the streets of Beloit, please let me know. I could easily get a pair of textile pants so as to do that. I told Dave about this last night but figured he'd probably stunt the entire race (wheelies, stand-ups, ape hangers, etc) :eek:nfloor

Attachments

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Well here is the rest of the schedule for the year:
Race Four Saturday August 6 Night Race
Race Five Saturday August 27 Night Race
Race Six Sunday September 11
Race Seven Saturday September 24 at USA International Raceway
Race Eight Sunday October 2

As far as the Beloit race is concerned, I am not sure of the details other than it is on August 7th and that the small wheel bikes cannot run. So Mike will be taking the TTR and I will be running the YZ. If this turns out to be different, I'll let you know.

Great pictures Brian! Thanks again for coming down. As you can see, you still have time to bring out the fiddy and race against the guy on the stock one. What matters is that you have fun, and there is plenty of that at SRR!!! Get your textile pants so you can run at the next race....you already have everything else that you need!

I'll show Sierra the picture tonight... :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah I didn't run my bike at this race cause it blew up in the practice section. Sorry I didn't get much of a chance to talk to you. I was running around trying to find another bike and dialing it in to my liking. Next race hopefully my bike will be running out there again.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Any story behind the "Streetfighter" YSR?

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Yeah, Mike crashed it and completely destroyed the mid....it was a nice crash though. The bike stopped suddenly, he went over the bars, did a somersalt and kept running to keep his balance. I gave him a "10" for artistic ability!!!! The two bikes were stuck together, YSR Dave said it looked like the bikes "were having relations". HAHAHAHA!!!! But it still runs, so it shall still race!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts