Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:

We're a small grouo of FZ6 owners from Spain. We send you this e-mail to ask you for some collaboration about one problem we have in our motorbikes. In all of them (Fz6-04 and Fz6-05 between 2000-5000 milles) you can hear a bit of clicking in my motor. This clicking starts at 3.000rpm and dissapear at 5.500rpm because when the regular noise engine.

This clicking is quite uncomfortable because we use to ride inside of the city. Therefore, we usually are on this rpm range (3000-6000rpm). Yamaha dealers excused from this clicking noise and they only say that it is normal and it belong to the regular noise of a Yamaha engine.

We think this clicking and umcomfortable noise comes out valves and maybe it is cause by a faulty valve-operating gear automatic turnbucke (I think this is the meaning of "tensor automatico de la cadena de la distribución").

I've reading all your web and I haven't found any thread of reference about this issue.

Please. Can you help us? Do you know something about it? Do you have any kind of solution? We are very upset about this problem.

Thank you so much

Cheers from Spain

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for your fast replies. I thinks it's gonna time to install a loud exhauts. Any advice? Prices? Don't tell me why but In spain the prices of FZ6 exhausts are high (cheapest brand more than 800,00$). Do you know if I can purchase from Internet?

Moreover, I have to trip from Spain to Iowa (Des Moines and Ames) next month. Good moment and place to buy it?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I wonder what the TSA will think of a pair of cans in the checked luggage. You might be better off buying online.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
karst said:
I wonder what the TSA will think of a pair of cans in the checked luggage. You might be better off buying online.
I've travelled with bowling balls before. I doubt cans would be a problem.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Definately buy from the internet. Your cheapest prices will probably be for Scorpions. The forum store here at SBN has scorpions for a reaonable price if I remember correctly. I've seen them on ebay as well pretty cheap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about Scorpions for our FZ6? Noise? More Hp? ... what is your oppinion? I had a R6 with leovince exhausts. Cool noise? Is it similar Scorpion Noise to Devil Noise or to Devil Noise or to....?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you know if I will bee able to remove the catalytic converter if I install Scorpions exhausts (in the 425,00$)? I've read Thunder exhauts includes a kit for removint it. Does Scorpions include it?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
The clicking is to let you know you're riding on a quality machine.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Guys, what about earplugs?????? :) If it's just the ticking you are annoyed of, ear plugs would actually reduce your discomfort.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is everyone absolutely sure this is normal? The ticking noise I have comes and goes. Usually when it's cool out (in the mornings or late evenings) the sound is not there, but in the hot afternoons I can clearly hear it.

Does anyone else have the intermittent ticking noise from the engine, or is it constant?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I think it's always there on my bike while it's idling or spinning slowly... at high engine speed maybe it's there but you can't hear it any more. In any case, if the bike is working fine I wouldn't worry about it - especially if so many of us say we've got the same thing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
pmorillo said:
This clicking is quite uncomfortable because we use to ride inside of the city. Therefore, we usually are on this rpm range (3000-6000rpm). Yamaha dealers excused from this clicking noise and they only say that it is normal and it belong to the regular noise of a Yamaha engine.
Yamaha FZ6 owners from Portugal, here.

That clicking sound you hear is perfectly normal, don't make a fuss about it!

It's just the "butterflys" opening and closing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts