Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't have any word yet as I'm still waiting to hear back from tech-line, but I thought I'd send a link to this thread to them showing how many people are interested if the pricing is right. Post up if you are interested and maybe the more names we can show them, the better they may treat us.

Attachments

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
Interested, but not definite here in Austin, TX

The colour code for my bike (It's The Blue One) Is...
Manufacturer's Code: 865 Paint Name: Deep Purplish Blue Metallic L
ColorRite Top: 5252

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
Im in if the discounts big enough

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm in for this mod for sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm in.............................

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am in as long as I can get it in the faster blue. ;)

-J

EDIT:

I am definitely in. Please get me the blue one with the following code according to the website you referenced:

Manufacturer's Code Paint Name ColorRite Top
865 Deep Purplish Blue Metallic L 5252

And, I think we should do this right away. We can always put together another group buy for the folks that miss this round. They might even get a better deal. I have wanted one of these since I first saw the pictures you posted of yours. Very sweet.

Thanks. -J

·
Registered
95 Posts
thats what im talking about. I will be in if the discount is significant

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'd be very interested depending on how the pricing works out. This is something I've been looking at for quite some time now...

-Q

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ok peeps, I got the word. Here is the reply that Erik sent me just a few minutes ago:

"Hi Mike,

Yes you are right, busy. But that's no excuse.
Looks good on the thread!
I wanted to suggest the following. If all those people would buy single,
they'd pay Euro 184 and 30 shipment = 214 (just like you).
It looks that you can come up with 10 seat covers, so if you order 10, I'll
make it a 15% discount so Euro 156 and keep the shipment at only Euro 60.
This means: per cover E 162 including shipment.
I think this is a fair deal.
Only thing, and I want to tell you this, this friday the last shipment will
be leaving to us from Spain and after that they go on holidays for 3 weeks.
When they are back, they start up again and it will take also a few weeks
for stuff to come in here. Wanted to let you know, so this won't surprise
you after you'd have ordered!!
Maybe I can add some to the shipment of Friday, but then I need to know this
soon, with color codes. www.color-rite.com or at the dealer. (Like for your
one S3)

Kind regards,
Erik"

Edited 7-21-04 at 11:20 pm est
Here is the breakdown for what it would cost.
(1) The conversion fee for making a credit card payment to a foreign currency is as follows and may vary from one card company to another, but for citibank is 3% (1% by visa/mastercard, 2% by citibank).

(2) The conversion rate between euros and dollars can be found at http://www.xe.com/ucc/ . The additional 3% for the conversion fee is added to the dollar amount determined from this calculation.

(3) The total order is shipped to one location in the U.S. and then redistributed to each person. Based on my experiences, the shipping amount using priority mail (2-3 days) and insurance and delivery confermation should be about $10 for a package this size and weight. I have agreed to handle distribution.

Soooo, here is the botom line as I see it with all of the factors in consideration and based on 10 units shipped at once:
Tech-line's offer 162 euro shipped at the current conversion rate is $199. The 3% conversion fee the credit card company will charge is $6
The U.S. distribution shipping fee is $10
There will be a handling fee of $10 for "handling"
Grand total: $225
I PAID $270 FOR MINE!!!

Hope this all helps. I know it is complicated, but everyone needs to understand what is involved. Also, Tech-line is not on holiday for 3 weeks but instead TCP is. Tech-line can take the order anytime but it sounds like you should expect about 5-8 weeks from now to receive your order. Jim will determine the guidelines for the process and I will help him with paypal knowledge if he needs it. I also suggest a new sticky thread with this information so that people don't get misinformation from previous posts with the deadlines made clear. If we don't get the 10 PAID orders necessary for the discount by the deadline date, then moneys will be refunded minus the $10 "handling" fee.. We would like a verbal commitment from those who are IN and once we get the 10 verbals needed, Jim will start collecting the money.
Mike

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree with the wait ... gives everyone time to collect pennies ... Mike, have you thought about payment? Who is collecting and how? Some guys will want to go CC and if we use PayPal there is a % of loss on one end. I am in for a blue one ... has anyone checked the color code yet?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts