Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you think was the greatest team NFL team ever, forget the size and speed advantages of current day players. Think dominant within their era.
I'm going with the '85 Bears.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Steelers of the 70's

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Dallas dynasty of the 1990s or the New England Patriots of early 21st (current dynasty).

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
If we're talking about a single season, I'd say the 85 Bears. If we're talking dynasty, I'd say the late 80's/early 90's 49ers. And if anyone says the 72 Dolphins I'm going to puke! :barf

·
SBN's bad luck charm
1,106 Posts
Pittsburgh of the '70's. As much as it pains me to vote against my '00's Pats and my 49er's of the 80's, Pitt had it all back then.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
The Steelers of the 70's. I'm a Boys fan, but I still remember how dominating they were. The Cowboys were pretty damn good in the early 90's. One of the best offensive lines ever.

·
ZRX Pilot
419 Posts
Jake said:
And if anyone says the 72 Dolphins I'm going to puke! :barf

Guess you better get e bucket, the 72 Dolphins. :)

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Jake said:
And if anyone says the 72 Dolphins I'm going to puke! :barf
Why, just because of the perfect season? That's really nothing by today's standard. Not sure what it meant back then though.

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
Packers of the 1960's. The won 5 superbowls/championships that decade and were coached by the most quoted, if not most reknowned, coach in football history, Vince Lombardi. From their website:

"The Green Bay Packers have won more championships - 12 - than any other team in National Football League history.

They won their first three by league standing (1929, 1930 and 1931), and nine since the NFL's playoff system was established in 1933 (1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967 and 1996)."

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
ecir said:
1. 70's Steelers
2. 00's Patriots
3. 80's 49ers
+1 This sums it up nice IMO

The 72 Dolphins had a perfect season and were a good team, but the season was shorter. Only a couple games though. 14 instead of the now 16. Not that huge of a difference. The Pats have the record for most consecutive (sp?) games won in a row though, even though it wen't into another season.

I can't wait till football season. Sundays kick so much more ass having cookouts, drinking beers and watching football. What more can we ask for? :D :beer

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
Inky24 said:
I can't wait till football season. Sundays kick so much more ass having cookouts, drinking beers and watching football. What more can we ask for? :D :beer
+100
:beer
:cheers

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Inky24 said:

More can I ask for? The damn games come on at 6am out here. Not really into popping a beer open at 7am on a Sunday :(

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Rascus said:
More can I ask for? The damn games come on at 6am out here. Not really into popping a beer open at 7am on a Sunday :(
:lao True, but think of it this way: It's 1pm somewhere :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts