Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I can't youtube at work, but the solo in Floods by Pantera is fucking godly.

edit: Look up Dimebag Darrell, he was a goddamned guitar genius with his solos, especially if you've never really listened to Pantera.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
I can't youtube at work, but the solo in Floods by Pantera is fucking godly.

edit: Look up Dimebag Darrell, he was a goddamned guitar genius with his solos, especially if you've never really listened to Pantera.
Plus mothafucking ONE

Solo starts at 3:50, its one of my favorites ever.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Plus mothafucking ONE

Solo starts at 3:50, its one of my favorites ever.
From the Wiki:

The song features one of Dimebag Darrell's most popular solos. The solo was originally a riff written by guitarist Dimebag in the late 1980s. This is revealed in the first Dimevision DVD, which features a video from 1988 of the then 22-year-old Darrell playing what would later be the ending of the solo to "Floods". Guitar World magazine voted Dimebag Darrell's guitar solo in "Floods" as the 19th greatest of all-time.[1]

Darrell on the solo:

That particular solo was thought-out in a more orchestrated fashion than some of the others I play where I just start ripping right off the bat”. “The thing that really makes the ‘Floods’ solo come across like it does is [bassist] Rex’s playing behind it. He’s using his fingers and he plays a whole bunch of cool licks and shit in there. He definitely adds to the vibe and feel of my lead because I’m playing off his part a lot—it was a great foundation for me to build on, man.[2]
Should have been in the top 5 of greatest all time. He was a great artist that died far too young.

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
A bit different then whats been posted but one of my favorites is John Frusciante -

Reactions: PCHbreeze

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I am looking for some hidden gems
I don't know what you listen to. So I don't know what's 'hidden' to you, but I have a youtube channel. On that channel is 3 videos called Riff Twisties I, II & III. (I guess they should be called 'Solo Twisties' but that sounds odd.) Videos of nothing but guitar riffs set to my rides. First vid is meh, but perhaps there's some you've never listened to before?

www.youtube/AkumuX

/end self-promo

·
Banned
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know what you listen to. So I don't know what's 'hidden' to you, but I have a youtube channel. On that channel is 3 videos called Riff Twisties I, II & III. (I guess they should be called 'Solo Twisties' but that sounds odd.) Videos of nothing but guitar riffs set to my rides. First vid is meh, but perhaps there's some you've never listened to before?

www.youtube/AkumuX

/end self-promo
Will check it out!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Reactions: PCHbreeze

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Can't sing worth a shit, but I like some Eric Johnson every now and then.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts