Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see who thinks the greatest coach is of all time.

This is to include all sports NBA, NHL, NFL, all collegiate.

Some names that come to mind Vince Lombardi, Joe Paterno, Red Auerbach.

Thoughts

·
Registered
615 Posts
For as much as I hate DUKE, Mike Krzyzewski is a damn good coach.

Honorable mention to Bill Walsh, Mike Ditka (hey I'm from Chicago).

Oh and who can leave out Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blackduc said:
Oh and who can leave out Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.
That's an "odd" choice for coach. Maybe it's just my opinion on wrestling as a whole. :)

·
SBN's bad luck charm
1,106 Posts
Two words: John Wooden.

·
SBN's bad luck charm
1,106 Posts
mikem317 said:
Bill Belichick or Lombardi.
Oh come on, man!! Francona!! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
How can you guys pick PHIL JACKSON??
Look at the talent he had with the teams he was with! The BULLS and the LAKERS?? PLEEEEZE Man I could have coached those guys to Championships!!! :eek:nfloor
Lets see JACKSON take on a real challenge like the CLIPPERS!! If he could make those guys winners then I'd say he was a "GREAT" coach!

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Chauncey said:
Oh come on, man!! Francona!! :D
Maybe, the verdict is still out on him. He needs to do what Torre was doing in the late 1990s with the Yanks, that is quite frankly, win back-to-back-to-back championships.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Its funny how many people hoist Joe Torre on their shoulders and shoot down Phil Jackson at the same time. You are going to tell me Torre didnt have the best team money can buy? All the guy had to do is show up.

I think Phil Jackson is a great coach. If the Bulls could have done it without him why didnt they? Doug Collins had basically the same line-up and didnt get it done.

·
Registered
132 Posts
ZRXJERRY said:
How can you guys pick PHIL JACKSON??
Look at the talent he had with the teams he was with! The BULLS and the LAKERS?? PLEEEEZE Man I could have coached those guys to Championships!!! :eek:nfloor
Lets see JACKSON take on a real challenge like the CLIPPERS!! If he could make those guys winners then I'd say he was a "GREAT" coach!
EXACTLY!!!!! If Phil is such a great a coach, let's see how well he does with a team that needs re-building. I guess you could argue the Lakers are approaching (are in) that phase but let's see how long he sticks around. I bet he'll be done in two seasons.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Having all the talent in the world means nothing without great coaching- and many will argue that it takes the better coach to deal with all the ego's and BS super talented teams have. How often in sports is the most talented team eliminated before the end?? Too many to count!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts