Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So of all the spots, over all the time of recorded sports history who would you pick as the #1 greatest athlete of all time? This should be a person who made a huge impact on the sport and opened the door for other athletes as well.

Who would you pick?

·
Registered
324 Posts
i'll bite...and think for a whole 5 seconds...how bout baseball....

Henry Aaron.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
That would be between these two in my opinion.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Jim Thorpe for greatest athlete...
gotta agree with Jesse Owens for greatest impact...

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like badgixxer's vote for Jim Thorpe :dblthumb

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Some good ones on here. Not the greatest athlete ever, but in terms of impact....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Bo Jackson, people seem to forget that he was one of the best players In both Basball and Football when he played. Not only able to play professionally In two different sports but to be able to dominate like he did in two professional sports is almost unhuman like. Only If he never got hurt, alot more people would remember Bo Jackson. Remember I'm not making my choice by how many championships or records someone has but by pure athletic ability.

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
I gotta side with Lance Armstrong. That guy has to have sooooooo much stamina and training to be able to ride like that. especially for his age.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
mj31 said:
Bo Jackson, people seem to forget that he was one of the best players In both Basball and Football when he played. Not only able to play professionally In two different sports but to be able to dominate like he did in two professional sports is almost unhuman like. Only If he never got hurt, alot more people would remember Bo Jackson. Remember I'm not making my choice by how many championships or records someone has but by pure athletic ability.
That's what steriods can do for you! He denies it, but I'm sure he did it.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
mikem317 said:
That's what steriods can do for you! He denies it, but I'm sure he did it.
I could never say he did or didn't for sure but when asked during and after his playing days he has always adamantly denied and submitted to drug tests. When a sports writer accused him in print he sued him for slander and the writer did a retraction saying he had no proof or source that Bo Jackson ever used sports enhancing drugs. To say steroids made Bo Jackson is a insult. He was born with what might be the best genetics you could have in the sense of being a athlete.

And you never actually answered the threads question, who do you believe is the best athlete ever??

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, alot of good people nominated for this. Tough choice.

If you do a google search on "greatest athlete ever" There are some unique choices out there. From MJ to Tony Acevedo

·
SBN's bad luck charm
1,106 Posts
Either Jim Thorpe or Babe Didrikson Zaharias. Tiger isn't a great athlete, IMHO, just a phenomenal golfer. Michael Jordan? Nahhh...Greatest Basketball Player Ever, but not really greatest athlete.

Look up Babe Zaharias...had her life not been cut short because of colon cancer, she very well could've been the first woman to be a pro golfer on the mens' tour, basketball player (NBA), possibly a wrestler and maybe even a MLB'er.

Jim Thorpe...'nuff said.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jim Thorpe or Bo Jackson, best all around athletes. Thorpe for pre supplements, weight training, modern stuff etc, and Jackson in the modern era. I always wondered how good a boxer Jackson would of been. Tough as nails, fast and had a natural ability to hit.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Colch636 said:
Jim Thorpe or Bo Jackson, best all around athletes. Thorpe for pre supplements, weight training, modern stuff etc, and Jackson in the modern era. I always wondered how good a boxer Jackson would of been. Tough as nails, fast and had a natural ability to hit.
That would be nice and entertaining :) Could you picture it just for fun?? 1988 both in there primes, Mike Tyson Vs. Bo Jackson :lol

·
Registered
615 Posts
Jenna Jameson

·
Registered
521 Posts
Rascus said:
So of all the spots, over all the time of recorded sports history who would you pick as the #1 greatest athlete of all time? This should be a person who made a huge impact on the sport and opened the door for other athletes as well.

Who would you pick?

Jim Thorpe

1 - 20 of 42 Posts