Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday (the 15th) the girlfriend and I stop by a local dealership to check out some gear and other things. She ends up buying me a set of Klim Overland jacket and pants and tells me it's an early Christmas present. She had just bought me a GPR exhaust for the ST as an early birthday present (just installed it. Pic below.) So when my birthday comes she hands me a box and says I need something to unwrap and I see a beautiful Fossil watch after I tear through the paper. What a great week I had!!!! Just thought I'd share and I wanted to wait until I had a pic of the exhaust to make a thread. She has been the best thing that ever happened to me. I just turned 43 and she's 28 and doesn't care one bit about the age difference. She's a successful business owner and has her shit together. Definitely a change from the ex. I wish you guys (and gals!) a safe and happy thanksgiving and hope you all get some wonderful toys for you or your bikes come Christmas.

Attachments

Reactions: Ghoti

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me and the girlfriend at Morton's Steakhouse in Washington D.C. in September. Best steak I ever had. You could cut the filet mignon with a fork. :D

Attachments

Reactions: jk750

·
Registered
278 Posts
yeah morton's is probably my fav steakhouse. i never went to the one in dc when i lived there though, just didn't want to be around the dc crowd.

how often do you get to dc?

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah morton's is probably my fav steakhouse. i never went to the one in dc when i lived there though, just didn't want to be around the dc crowd.

how often do you get to dc?
We went there for 6 days in September for vacation. Luckily just before the shutdown.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Good to read that you've found such a great significant other. She sure sounds like a keeper. How are you feeling now, are you back to 100 percent after your wreck?

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to read that you've found such a great significant other. She sure sounds like a keeper. How are you feeling now, are you back to 100 percent after your wreck?
Thanks.

I'll never be 100% again. I'm doing well. I still need surgery on my left ankle. I'm putting it off as I just don't want to take more time off right now.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Nice to hear you are having a great week. She's most definitely a keeper.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Give a shout out next time you're in town!

If you're going to visit those rough areas like you've posted, I'll ask DCNinja for directions. :pic :tremble:)

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Well done Dan!

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry JK. It was a great trip. We stayed at the DuPont and everywhere we went it was clean and safe. The Metro was EXTREMELY clean and the people were well mannered. And that's also late at night and the weekend. We are probably going to Florida for our 2014 trip. And when I retire we are already planning a 2 week Germany & Switzerland vacation. I'm thinking about doing at least a 4 or 5 day Edelweiss motorcycle tour while we are there.

Reactions: jk750

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
definitely wasn't the green line then.
I think we rode blue and red the most. DuPont circle to Metro Center then transferred and then to the Smithsonian (National Mall).

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
Wife and I had a great time in DC back in the day. She also likes to buy me things. Most giving person I've ever known. Glad you have found a keeper. I see there is a fifteen year age difference. Oddly, that's the same gap between the wife and I except the other way. You wouldn't know it though as she looks younger than me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts