Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started out in Nashville at 6:00 AM. We headed down 41 to Murfreesboro, then got on 70S over through Woodbury to McMinnville. Man that's a great ride coming up the mountain into McMinnvile. We turned south on 56 and headed down through Altamont and Monteagle. Once again, the stretch heading up the hill into Monteagle was awesome. Once we got to Monteagle, one of the other riders found that two of his header bolts had fallen out, so we spent an hour getting some nuts and lockwashers from a local auto parts store and putting it back together. From there we kept going south into South Pittsburg, Kimball, and Chattanooga. We stopped for lunch and a beer at a nice place on the north shore...can't remember the name. From Chattanooga, we headed north on 27 to Dayton. In Spencer, we headed west on 30. What a great road! I really wish I lived in that area. We went though Pikeville and Spencer, then took Bone Cave Rd up to 287 and over to 56 into Smithville and Silver Point. From there we turned south on 96 and crossed the Center Hill Dam and down to 70. From there, I don't know what roads we took to get home...I ws so tired. 400 miles in one day was about all I could have done. Sorry about the long post...next time I will have videos to go along with the commentary. I hope everyone had as great of a weekend as me! Here's a map with our route:

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
sounds pretty sweet bud

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nothing like stopping for a beer during a 400 mile sportbike ride.

In case you don't get the sarcasm, I think you're an idiot for drinking and riding. I'm sure you'll come back and tell me that it was only one beer. I don't care.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
freeride said:

In case you don't get the sarcasm, I think you're an idiot for drinking and riding. I'm sure you'll come back and tell me that it was only one beer. I don't care.

"man it was just ONE beer! ONE beer never hurt anybody!" how you like dem apples? :twofinger

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
freeride said:

Nah, I'm not going to tell you anything except that I don't give a fuck what you think. :finger

·
Registered
646 Posts
Man that map is big. Im getting "monkey butt" just looking at it.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Flash6R said:
Man that map is big. Im getting "monkey butt" just looking at it.
Sorry...I can make it smaller...I just think that the size of the map kinda' emphasizes the amount of riding I did yesterday. There were probably 10 different areas where we could have stopped and ridden all day and I would have been perfectly happy. It was my first time doing mountain runs. I love the mountainside roads with the switchbacks. The two guys I was with are Deals Gap regulars. They go up there about every two weeks. I hope to go with them next time...maybe next weekend. This was my weekend to get my cherry popped, so to speak. I just want to go out and ride now...I just wish I lived closer to the mountains. I was just so sore today that I didn't ride at all. I am just about back to normal now, except my hands are still a little numb.

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
You musta been gone ALL DAY long... hell its 2 hours to Chattanooga by interstate

·
Registered
318 Posts
I left the house at 11 this morning and didn't get back until 7. Went to play on a few local roads here in Athens and rode for about 40 miles. Met up with some people at a gas station that just happened to be going up to Suches. So, I tagged along and went to play in the N. GA mountauns. Totaled about 300 miles and my boys don't like my leather pants at all.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Screw em, they will like your leather pants when they are the one getting skin peeled off of somewhere else to replace the skin that got grinded off of their ass and legs.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
paulF3 said:
I left the house at 11 this morning and didn't get back until 7. Went to play on a few local roads here in Athens and rode for about 40 miles. Met up with some people at a gas station that just happened to be going up to Suches. So, I tagged along and went to play in the N. GA mountauns. Totaled about 300 miles and my boys don't like my leather pants at all.
Yeah, I was bringing up the rear all day...that's where I like to be. I don't like setting the pace on roads I am not familiar with. I was very happy to follow. Besides, I had the quickest bike of the three, so I could always back off a little, then catch right back up. The guy that was leading was on a Honda Super Hawk, but will be trading it this week for an RC51. He has put over 18,000 miles on and SV650 and the Super Hawk in the last 12 months and was very familiar with the roads we were riding. He could have left us behind many times, if he had wanted to.

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Screw em, they will like your leather pants when they are the one getting skin peeled off of somewhere else to replace the skin that got grinded off of their ass and legs.
when he said "My Boys" I think he was talking about his NUTS...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
That would be an awesome trip. Would probably make that a weekly trip!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
that's what I keep trying to tell ppl, Ky and Tn have BEAUTIFUL roads and the BEST twisties!! Gotta love it down here....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts