Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, today we went on a great ride. It's her first 100+ mile ride and it went great.

We started out in Arlington and headed west towards Front Royal. To avoid having her go on the e-way for extended periods I devised some creative route that took us all over BFE before getting to our destination - 55W which is an AWESOME ride out in the boons. We followed 55-W for a dozen or so miles and branched off on some of the side roads which are really gorgeous, mountain views and great country-side.

Unfortunately today was freakin HOT and HUMID. With our gear on it was almost unbearable, even when we gave up the creative route home and just hopped on 66-E. It was like a blast furnace or something. The good thing is that she handled the expressway just fine and she had that thing up at about 90mph for some distance. I was impressed it could run that well.

After today I'm thinking more and more about some of the Phoenix gear from JR. With my full leathers or textiles in this heat and humidity I'm fearing that I'll pass out from heat exhaustion. Every time we stopped, that gear was off almost before we cut the engines.

All in all it was a great first long trip for her. A little hot for me but better than rain. Here are a few pics from one of our stops. You can see the humidity in the air.

Attachments

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
yeah i rode into work today, and it was rather warm. thank god for textile jackets!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I picked up a nice Mesh/nylon jacket from www.speedrag.com thats very comfortable on hot days. Wife has one from Alpinestars....I could not bear leather anymore in the summer...

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Squids!!!!!

j/p :D

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
qwik huh said:
I picked up a nice Mesh/nylon jacket from www.speedrag.com thats very comfortable on hot days. Wife has one from Alpinestars....I could not bear leather anymore in the summer...

I definitely dig the mesh with CE armor. As soon as I have some extra money for new gear I am getting some of that stuff. I'll take the risk of slightly less protection. I think in the long run it might be safer to ride with mesh so I don't pass out from heat stroke while riding down the freeway or through a narrow mountain pass.

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Twinsen said:
Squids!!!!!

j/p :D

Oh yeah. But we always wear the gear. As soon as we dismounted, we were throwing out jackets to the side of the road and tryiny to peel our gloves off asap! Luckily my Vertebra IIs and her AlpineStars stay pretty cool in the heat. I never have sweaty feet for some reason.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts