987 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
987 Posts
I was not feeling the love back then. I just dont enjoy riding in the cold and that is what it is all about. The second trip to BHF sucked bad enough on sunday thank you- and that is just complaining about the cold forget the oil and rain. I sure hope they fixed Heartland right that would be the bomb with sticky pavement and moved walls. I hated sliding all around at high speed there.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
smokenjoe said:
I was not feeling the love back then. I just dont enjoy riding in the cold and that is what it is all about. The second trip to BHF sucked bad enough on sunday thank you- and that is just complaining about the cold forget the oil and rain. I sure hope they fixed Heartland right that would be the bomb with sticky pavement and moved walls. I hated sliding all around at high speed there.
Yeah I had forgot about BHF...You were dying at it was only like 60, you would not have made it at RA with temps in the upper 20's :3eek

Yeah, we will be bumpin' around up there, I don't think it is getting re-paved until this fall.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Me and rich went to Gateway and temps were in the teens it wasnt that bad but then we were not camping out and had heat. Whole diffrent story though it still wanst fun.

·
Greenlawn Racing dot com
217 Posts
smokenjoe said:
Me and rich went to Gateway and temps were in the teens it wasnt that bad but then we were not camping out and had heat. Whole diffrent story though it still wanst fun.
Wasn't fun?? BS! That was my first trip to Gateway and even though the high was 18 that day I still had a blast! (Although I was running to Joe's truck to sit with the heat on between each session)

Its funny that even though that was four years ago virtually every CCS racer remembers it. Hell, it turns out even Greg Williams was there. Just ask any GP or MW racer if they remember the cold day at Gateway in March of 01.........they all have fond memories.

Worst part was back then we didn't have licenses and were just doing track days. That Saturday the racing began and it was like 70, sunny, with calm winds.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Rich791 said:
Wasn't fun?? BS! That was my first trip to Gateway and even though the high was 18 that day I still had a blast! (Although I was running to Joe's truck to sit with the heat on between each session)

Its funny that even though that was four years ago virtually every CCS racer remembers it. Hell, it turns out even Greg Williams was there. Just ask any GP or MW racer if they remember the cold day at Gateway in March of 01.........they all have fond memories.

Worst part was back then we didn't have licenses and were just doing track days. That Saturday the racing began and it was like 70, sunny, with calm winds.

OK I would not have skiped that one :) I never would have beleved the speeds we could have done on seriously cold race tires. It was pretty much certan I was going to race after thant one. I am not sure why but I knew it then.

·
Greenlawn Racing dot com
217 Posts
Thats when the bug hit me too......I just HAD to have a track bike. A few weeks later - I had the old ZX6R!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts