Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone was going on the ride for Alzheimers this weekend in Grand Island, I think they're actually calling it "The Ride to Remember". It starts at some fairly new custom bike shop is about all I know. Anyone got more information???

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Here's the info for ya.

1st Annual
"Ride To Remember"
to benefit the Alzheimer's Association
Sat. August 28th, 2004

Food/Prizes
50/50 Raffle
Tickets $15.00
Poker Hand $5.00

Registration from 9:00A.M. - 12:30P.M.
Ride leaves at 1:00P.M.

Ride route goes from,
Grand Island - Mason City - Loup City - Cairo - Grand Island

In honor of Roma Hardekopf

Sponsored by POISON CUSTOMS
410 North Walnut Street
Grand Island, Ne.​

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it yet. I really want to, but it may not work out that way. I am however heading up to Lincoln Friday evening with 1 or 2 guys from work to stop by Star City Motorsports and maybe swing by Hooters for something to eat after that. I think we'll leave Hastings around 4:00 or so.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think there needs to be a "ride out west" so those on the eastern end can see what the rest of the state is like. We all know about the eastern end but most never come out this way...

It would be a nice break from the humidity and green ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zang said:
I think there needs to be a "ride out west" so those on the eastern end can see what the rest of the state is like. We all know about the eastern end but most never come out this way...

It would be a nice break from the humidity and green ;)

Zang, how far out west are you talking about. I know people in Ainsworth, so I guess I wouldn't mind riding up there. They're my dad's in-laws actually. He was a cop there for several years and now is one in Ord. But anyway there would definitely be some pretty cool riding up that way. Don't know what you have in mind for sure. I myself either have to do something real soon or wait quite a while as my wife is due Sept. 20.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if I'm going to make it yet. I really want to, but it may not work out that way. I am however heading up to Lincoln Friday evening with 1 or 2 guys from work to stop by Star City Motorsports and maybe swing by Hooters for something to eat after that. I think we'll leave Hastings around 4:00 or so.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the information, not sure if I'm going to make it or not either. I'd really like to but really need to get some stuff done at home. I'm not even sure if I'm going riding when I get off of work tonight or not.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
KawZX7R said:
Me and some friends are riding up to kearny tommorow from mccook
Did you ever make it up to Kearney Saturday? I got there a little before 11 to get registered then left around 12 when the big pack did. I kept looking for a zx-7 but didn't think I saw one. Anyway, after a couple stops I realized my poker hand (well actually yatzee score) wasn't going to win anything so I took of by myself and covered some different ground.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yeah we made it up there and stoped at kearny yamaha then went and checked out some places, we got there around 3:30 or 4 and left around 7:30, it was just me and 2 friends that went but on the way back home we had some trouble, we just got off of the lex exit the road that goes to holdrege and about 3 or 4 miles down the road we were going and my friend on the GSXR 1000 had to stop to put his sunglasses in here pocket or somthing anyway i slowed down to see what he was doing and my other friend turned around and went back to see what he was doing and so i though i would slow down and do a little wheelie, so after that i seen that they started to leave and catch up so i start to go faster next thing i do is look in my mirror to see if they cought up yet and i see a bunch of sparks and im like oh shit! i see my friend on the 1000 tumbleing all over the road and his bike just breaking to peices and fliping every where i was going about 70 and he was going about 90 to 100mph his bike fliped over backwards going that fast, im not sure if he was trying to wheelie or he was just going fast and the bike just lifted from going from 1 to 2nd gear but it scared the shit out of me he was right behind me when it happend and my other friend was lucky enuff to be able to slow down and not hit him but his bike flew at least 2 blocks down the road, he bike is totaled the left handle broke in half and the back end was just riped off the bike was trashed and he was ok just alot of road rash, he didnt break anything, he was lucky cause i mean 100mph and ur bike fliping back dam that sucked i still got that stuck in my head

·
Registered
197 Posts
Glad he wasn't more seriously injured! Did he say if he was trying to wheelie or it just came up? That would be freaky. Glad he didn't hit you too!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yeah i know he wasnt to far from me, his bike went to the left of me if it went to the right it might of hit me, but hes ok but the bikes not and you would of thought that it would have been worse you know going that fast and falling off backwards, i guess hes just a lucky guy

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
I've looped a wheelie myself before at about 50 mph. I had a TL1000S that was a whellie machine. One day I just got a little out of shape and that's all it took.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts