Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a Garmin Quest w/RAM mount, plus the Garmin Motorcycle bare-wire cradle from GPSCity.com. After having to practically sign over a body part to them to get them to ship my order to my workplace, where I'm at for the full day, they finally sent my order a day later.

Just received my order today and found the GPS had apparently been USED already- the registration code had already been used (invalid for me then) and the map/installation software had fingerprints and fine scratches all over them (the software packet's paper "zip strip" had already been removed). The unit appears to function just fine, but still...I did buy a "new" unit and not someone elses reject unit.

Lodged a complaint with GPSCity and haven't heard back- takes them a minimum of 24 hours to respond to email it seems. Heads up to all fellow riders who venture there. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
greetings Burnspot,

Are you shure you read the fine print? the item you purchased was labeled as new and you received a used one? better check again and if it's true you sure are a trooper. i would demand blood.

i was shopping for a gps, and gps city and a few other places had some pretty affordable. i always read the return policy and gps city and the other gps places have shite return policies. even though i could have gotten a gps and mounting system cheaper at these places i went with a trustworthy outfit and i am very happy. 30 day money back guarantee no if and's or buts and the people are a joy to work with. www.aerostich.com

It was about $50 more but peace of mind is more worthwhile.
sorry for your'e misfortune and thank you very much for alerting the other members,

regards, m.a.d.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
The garmin's I see on that site say "FACTORY NEW" aka refubished.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What Hippie said...."Factory New" is what they advertise. Ain't so...at least in my case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts