Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have an old Garmin GPS 12 XL that I was gonna mount on my bike, but I can't seem to find a decent mount for it that doesn't cost $100.

There are some that I have to glue my GPS to with double sided tape, but i'm not gonna do that. I saw a pic somewhere of a bike that had a clip in mount so the GPS can be removed.

Does anyone have one they want to sell or know where I can buy one of these? I don't wan't to pay a whole lot for it. Kinda broke now.

Thanks in advance.

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wierd. I checked that earlier at work and couldn't get the site to come up. So I found it at another place and it said you had to stick the GPS to it with the tape. I kind of abandoned that one at that point.

Here it says snap your GPS to it... Interesting. I'll have to give it a shot.

Do bike shops usually carry stuff like that?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Damn_Yankee said:
Wierd. I checked that earlier at work and couldn't get the site to come up. So I found it at another place and it said you had to stick the GPS to it with the tape. I kind of abandoned that one at that point.

Here it says snap your GPS to it... Interesting. I'll have to give it a shot.

Do bike shops usually carry stuff like that?
Not that I know of. None of the shops around have GPS units at all. best place to look would be s boating store or maybe even a sporting goods place.
And from the looks of the pic there seems to be sticky take on that mount as well.
Have you checked out a RAM mount at all???
http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/RAM/ram.asp?prod=RAM-GPS12

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
greatzippy said:
Not that I know of. None of the shops around have GPS units at all. best place to look would be s boating store or maybe even a sporting goods place.
And from the looks of the pic there seems to be sticky take on that mount as well.
Have you checked out a RAM mount at all???
http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/RAM/ram.asp?prod=RAM-GPS12
Along with sporting goods place you can also check out camping stores. Garmin's quite popular and I've seen accessories at places like EMS (Easter Mountain Sports).

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That might be a good idea. There is an REI here and a Dicks sporting goods. Maybe a hardcore mountain biking store would have one as well.

Thanks for the link Zippy. If I can't find a cheapy at the sporting goods store I might have to consider the RAM one.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I did a lot of calling today. No one carries the mount for the 12 XL localy. I have to order it.

I appreciate the input everyone.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do a web search for ram mounts, that is what I use for several garmins and a magellan model I use for about 35$ a pop. I think they have something for about all gps's.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got my RAM mount GPS stuff from gpscity.com which is also were I got my GPS and had great luck with it.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I can't believe nobody has mentioned zipties yet.

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe I can order some Garmin zipties ;)

I was looking at those RAM mounts. they look huge. are they super big and bulky? The ones I saw were a mount with a ball socket on it then I figured you had to buy the bracket.

The one from Garmin is only 18 bucks. I still gotta buy my exhaust and my bags.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts