Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is non bike related, but anybody ever drive a race car?
I love bikes, cars and anything motor or racing related that goes fast.
I got to do a few laps this weekend in a real Nascar stock car at Lowe's Motor Speedway in
Charlotte, NC. Did the Richard Petty Driving Experience. Has anybody else here done it?

It was some of the most fun I've had in a long long time!
After some classroom, on-track and in-car instruction, you're behind the wheel.
Feeling all that power, and those Gs on that 24 degree banking was unreal!
I couldn't believe I was out there driving at Charlotte. You follow behind an instructor
about three to four car-lengths and try to follow his line. As you progress and they
see that you're okay, you pick up more and more speed.
As long as you're comfortable and your driving is safe, you can go as fast as you want.
It feels like your qualifying on the front row until you get back and see
that your times are like 30mph slower than the Pro's.
Oh well, that's why they're the Pro's and I'm not!
Still, the sensation of speed is real, and you really are fighting that car around that track.
I didn't hit the wall and I didn't spin out... But it seemed like I could've a couple times!
Hard to imagine racing like that in traffic two and three cars wide.
My arms and legs were still shaking a half an hour after I got out of the car!

Highly recommended! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Awesome! That must have been killer... alot of people say that NASCAR is crap blah blah... I have huge respect for those guys. I used to race World of Outlaws Sprint Cars. It wasn't NASCAR but it was one of the most intense things I have done.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Krazy Hawaiian said:
Awesome! That must have been killer... alot of people say that NASCAR is crap blah blah... I have huge respect for those guys. I used to race World of Outlaws Sprint Cars. It wasn't NASCAR but it was one of the most intense things I have done.
Man, those Outlaw Sprint Cars are monsters!!! All motor! Major respect!
Mohalo

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
oh. a stock car, i thought you drove a real racecar!

just kidding, but I do feel longing whenever I go to VIR and see all the cars. If I had money I would take the car to the track

·
Registered
231 Posts
how much did that set you back, if you don`t mind the askin? I`d love to try that!! actually nevermind, I`d rather take my bike to the track first, but I know my brother would wanna do that..

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! That was like two and a half years ago.

The cars have about 650hp, IIRC. It was a blast! Very cramped inside the car and tough to see out of. They get pretty squirrelly and loose until you get up to speed and the down-force settles the car.

It was a gift, so I don't know how much it cost. But it was over and done with before I knew it. Mad fun. I don't know how those guys do it side to side and bumper to bumper.

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
nice man! i could'nt watch it on tv but i'd love to drive!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts