Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a rather mild start to the winter here in Michigan, it ended up getting absolutely disgustingly cold for the last 8 weeks or so.

Yesterday it hit 50, and today it hit 55, so I decided to go and get the bike out of the garage. Hadn't had it out since about October.

I was surprised actually...the battery was dead but after hooking it to the charger, it started right up with no issues. I let it warm up for a little while, then took it out.

It ran like a charm after sitting for the last 4 or 5 months. I was pleasantly surprised.

Hopefully it will stay warm so I can get out again in the next few days.

·
Banned
317 Posts
i did the same today - had to use my roommates battery because mine is 100% dead and won't take a charge

it was fun, still too much sand on the roads though

·
Bodybuilding elf
449 Posts
I went out yesterday. It was nice but not nearly as much fun as it could have been if it was a little warmer and the roads were clear.

Patience grasshopper, patience.

·
Skid Mark
1,294 Posts
i took my bike out of storage yesterday and rode it home. took it out for about 20 min today (still very cold, i'm a cold pussy) and it was nice to get back on it, even if i couldn't feel my chin after.

also, with dst in effect, i hope to be riding all this week after work. hopefully it will stay sorta warm....

s3aturnr

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Put on almost 300 miles this weekend. Against better judgement I went to downtown Chicago to try and snap a few pics. Ehhh crap all over LSD and no good place to stop. So I did the next best thing, got a chicken sandwich at R&R McD's and then left the loop for a long straight ride home. I'm almost to 600 miles on the new bike. I'll change the oil in the nex day or two.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
ya i got mine out for a couple hours of riding today, but a lot of the roads were really sandy.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
WOOOHOOO!!!

Me too man!

I hadn't ridden my own bike in months (I did borrow my old bike from the chick I sold it to a couple times) and the battery was dead. A quick charge and that big bad V Twin ROARED to life.

I need to change both tires, my rear brake seemed mushy, and my headlight plug came out......Oh yeah, and I was flat tracking all over the place because of the sand here....

BUT I RODE IT, DAMMIT!!!

And there is nothing so close to religion for me as riding through Garden of the Gods in the afternoon!

Life is once again worth living...............

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ya me and my brother got out saturday and rode around a bit, about 100 miles, roads seemed pretty decent in SW michigan. It did rain friday night, that may have helped. But in EVERY turn there is a puddle of water or the like so I didn't want to take anything too hard.

Nate

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I was able to get it out Thursday night. Roads are still nasty in sand, but I'm just happy to be riding!!! I think I'll even get to commute to school this week! WOOT! :D

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Well I got my RC51 out after I changed the oil, spark plugs, an air filter. After doing the same on my 10R, I didn't have enough time. Hopefully I'll get the 10 out tomorrow.

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
TheSollyLama said:
And there is nothing so close to religion for me as riding through Garden of the Gods in the afternoon!

Life is once again worth living...............
I didn't have a bike when I was stationed at Carson. But, I did enjoy running up west of Manitou Springs on 24 in my Corvette. That was quite the rush at 90+MPH. I'm seriously thinking about a road trip to Colorado Springs over the summer. The wife would fly and I would ride. Could be fun for a few days.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Same thing here! Started early, changed the oil filter, oil and coolant. I was going to wash and wax but it was getting late so I went for a ride!

+1 on the sand. We need a good soaking before I take her out regularly.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sounds like a few of us need trickle chargers. I had to jumpstart my bike off of my car yesterday morning. But it was sunny and 63, so it was a great day to ride. Had to stay on main roads because the back roads still had sand and salt. But it was just good to shake off the rust.

Went out again today. Good times.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I didn't get out today as it rained off and on, glad someone got to ride.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ya after moving to Michigan from Florida it was great to be able to take the bike out Saturday. Only a month off of riding for me but still was to long to wait.

·
Gap runner
800 Posts
I got in about 500 miles over the weekend on the CBR. The rear tire is shot now, but my speed fix is sated for a short time!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts