Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went tire shoppin at the local bike shop and started talkin to a kid who worked there. Well to make a long story short he has himself a Yamaha R7, so jokin I offered him my 10R lol. He gave me his number and wants to check out my bike, I'm wonder if this is serious or what should I give it a shot and check out his bike or just keep my ninja? Any advice lol

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
Keep the 10R. The R7 is a novelty, but it's no comparrison to the 10r as far as performance and modernism.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yea I pretty much figured it wasn't up to par with the 10R but I'm pretty sure those R7 go for a pretty penny and it would be kinda sweet to have something I haven't ever seen anyone on here but not sure if its worth it to give up that performance I'm used to.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
:needpics

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
If you go with the R7 you will be sacrificing performance. but on the other hand you will have a bike that you're not gonna see 10 other people with on a ride. He seems to be pretty quick to trade it. If you do it u should get it checked out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yea I was gonna have it checked out for sure cause hes gettin my baby plus a full exhaust system so yea, I guess he has a thing for kawasaki I guess lol.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
damn i thought it was a typo or you were messing with a squid who didnt know what he was talking about but damn thats a sick bike im not a yamaha fan but i would ride it

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
I'd take it and resell it, I see them going for 15,000+ on eBay every once and a while..

·
Registered
430 Posts
5niner0 said:
I'd take it and resell it, I see them going for 15,000+ on eBay every once and a while..

+1... get it checked out.. maybe the donkey doesn't know what he's got!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Yea I see them sell for a grip online all the time I'm gonna go tommorow and have it checked out and if its all good I'm gonna trade him for my 10R and turn around and see how it is if I like it keep it if not I'll sell that and get something else lol I'll see what he wants to do so if anyone is interested in a R7 let me know lol.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i'd give him 2 10r's for that. do you guys know anything about the r7? do some research. i REALLY doubt he has one. but if it's tru, i'll bring cash down to buy him the 10r of his choice if you don't want it. i'm serious.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I would go for it but then again I want a R7. Hell if you don't like it you can always sell it.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
The kid working the tire counter has an R7? Maybe his Dad owns the shop. Hell yeah, I'd trade up for the R7 in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Some idiot at a local accessories store was always braging about his R7.. I was like.. wow, R7, I'd pay good money to ride that! So we talked a bit and he said something in the line of "Yeah, those OW-01 really kick ass"..

..The R7 is a OW-02.. this jerk had an old YZF-750.. and no license so he never rode it. *idiot* But I kept him talking and got my leathers for half the price :)

..more to the subject : If he really has an R7 for you.. take it. It's a truly amazing bike!!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Due your research. The R7 is an awesome bike as a collector or to ride. There are not many of them and if it is in mint shape the payback would be substantial!! If it checks out, hand him the keys to his "new" ZX-10!

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
I doubt he has a real R7. If he does.... take it from him in trade and never look back!!! Total blue chip bike.

Handling is supreme, pedigree is true race bike. Besides, in a few years your 10R will be just another old bike.
That R7 will always be a rare and valuable classic, like the RC30.

·
Don't tease the dragon
1,193 Posts
The R-7 was only sold if you guaranteed yamaha a set # of races, and the support kit alone cot 7K new..

I'll bet he's got a tricked FZR or something similiar... I've inquired on a couple of "R-7's" for sale, and they weren't.

If you don't really know what you're dealing with, do the research on it first. I've got friends who own two R-7's and I can help you with some info, but I'll be it's not what you're dealing with.

BTW - get him to show you the bikes documents from Yamaha if he insists that it's an R-7, and post pics here!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts