Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an older two-piece Protech that zips together. It's in great condition, fits me perfectly, and has no rash and has never been down. I think I got it for a steal for only $60.

Now I only need to wait until Friday when I finish school so that I can give the bike I bought a tune up. If I register and title it by this weekend, I'll try it out in the parking lot with my suit and my friend's other gear.

Now, I just have to buy the rest of my gear on eBay. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nig said:
That is indeed cheap. Hopefully it fits snug and came with decent armor.
Yes, it fits snug.

It has light 'padded' armour, not the hard stuff.

But, you get what you pay for :/

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
well, you got gear and that is great start! I am just happy you have some leather to get you into the sport rather than buy a bike and wear a 20 helmet and w/o anything else. Eventually, you can upgrade into something else w/more protection. it is a nice looking suit. Be sure and post up some pics when you get some of the bike too!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
silent_R1 said:
well, you got gear and that is great start! I am just happy you have some leather to get you into the sport rather than buy a bike and wear a 20 helmet and w/o anything else. Eventually, you can upgrade into something else w/more protection. it is a nice looking suit. Be sure and post up some pics when you get some of the bike too!
They make $20 helmets? :eek:

I'll post some pics of the bike when there's a camera around. I can't really drag my crappy webcam outside.

·
Registered
791 Posts
why buy on ebay? They cost as much as the store for a lot of things. like i just told someone else google "terra powersport" they have the best deals period.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SnookayDCC said:
why buy on ebay? They cost as much as the store for a lot of things. like i just told someone else google "terra powersport" they have the best deals period.
Why eBay? Because I can get some awesome deals, as indicated above...

I googled Terra Powersports and couldn't find anything, sorry.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sounds like you got a deal on the suit.

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
Hard armor isn't neccessarily better than soft. The thing to look for is the CE label, Type-B size. Impact absorption is key for impact protectors, and typically soft ones are better. Regardless of materials, wearing something tested and proven to absorb impacts is the important part.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Why CE?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Because CE stuff is tested and rated for impact absorbtion. The non-CE stuff is whatever the manufacturers claim it may do, not what it will actually do. Since there is no US standard for impact testing, CE is the way to go if you are looking for protective gear. Some level of guaranteed protectiveness is better than a guess.

·
Registered
791 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts