Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check it out! It took me a little while to get use to it, but now I'm loving it. It is the TCP from Tech-Line and the color is nearly perfect. The only drawback for me is that the seat is not easy to remove, but the appearance makes it worth it for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
that looks awesome, I think I'll have to slap one on as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sure am pretty ... and I am trying to keep from spending any mor eon the bike for a while ... FAZR6 you are a bad influence :grinbounc

Looks great, which tank pad is that in the pics? Every time I hear a zipper hit the tank I cringe.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Very, very cool. Is this part only available overseas? Did it come with the Yamaha symbol on the back?

Also, keep us up to par on the full lower!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
wow, bike looks really different with it on! how hard is it to get the seat off? does the cowl need to come off the seat first, or can you remove the whole seat without removing the cowl?

·
Registered
88 Posts
THIS was what i've been waiting for.

I had this on my wish list but the pictures on their site were not that clear but it looks really nice!

How do you fix it on to your seat? I believe that 2 brackets are coming from under the seat where you have to screw it on like the yamaha cover. This one is cheaper then the one of yamaha if i recall.

Can you make a pic of the fixing of the cover under the seat?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Damnit now I want one!
Very cool!
Let us know more about it once you get a chance. Like how exactly it stays on? Does it rattle or move around at all? Can you lean back a little on it? Price?
You were right about the color. Its right on from what I can tell in the pics. You have the same color and pipes as I have on so thanks for making me want to spend more money.
I agree with NogoShowBoat. You guys are a bad influence on the budget.
I find myself saying, "Well I could get that... I dont mind living off of lean pockets and Top Ramen for the next month or so... Bush Light isnt that bad...."

·
Registered
504 Posts
How did you actually order it from Tech-Line? E-mail? Phone? Just curious, I'd e-mailed them once but got a template letter back...

-Q

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will respond to all the questions later when I get time, but I e-mailed tech-line. Then Erik responded with all of the prices for all of the stuff for our bike. Then e-mailed him back and told him what I wanted. He e-mailed me back a form to fill out and I had to fax it back to him. Once he got my fax, he shipped it. That's it. I have all corrospondence if anyone is interested. Just PM me your e-mail address and I will forward them to you.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ahh, good 'ole fax! Thanks for clearing that up, FAZR6. I've been eyeing that cowl for weeks :D

-Q

·
Registered
133 Posts
Man it looks really sexy.

I've been thinking of doing some apperance mods to my bike. Thing is, the nekkid-ness has totally grown on me. Maybe a lower cowl, not a full lower fairing for me.

Btw, I'm still a newb, but does that cowl just go over the original seat?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Oh, another question... On TCP's site I don't recall seeing that tiny little backrest... Did that come with the cowl? Is it already on there? Have you tried it without it? I'm not 100% sure I like that little backrest :D

Overall though, definitely super sexy.

-Q

·
Registered
13 Posts
great seat cowl

Hey, your new deat cowl looks great. I emailed tech line for info, and they said they can't sell or give info and to contact a dealer. Who did you order through ? Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
parke7 said:
Hey, your new deat cowl looks great. I emailed tech line for info, and they said they can't sell or give info and to contact a dealer. Who did you order through ? Thanks
OK. so at least You got an answer. They didn't even bother to answer my mail.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts