Sport Bikes banner

Got My New Parts Today

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  KawZX7R 
#1 ·
I got my K&N, carbon yoke cover and my Ignition Advancer, i will be putting the stuff on after awhile but the reason im posting this is cause and the advancer some said when you put a new one on use lock tight somthing else but i forgot but do i have to put lock tight on and if some one could tell me exactly how to put this thing on cause theres no directions

#2 ·
Installing the advancer is really straight forward. You have to locate the timing cover on the lower right hand side of the motor. The cover is held on by 4 bolts and is identified by a couple of wires that run into the crankcase near the cover. Remove that cover, then just remove the one nut holding the ignition rotor to the crank shaft and replace it with your new advancer. When you get the old one off, you'll see an alignment pin on the shaft. Just make sure you line that pin up with the slot on the back side on the new rotor, and put the cover back on. It should take longer to get the lower fairings off then it should to change the ignition rotor. Good luck.

PS - You can go to www.buykawasaki.com and look at the exploded parts diagrams to get a better understanding of how it works.

#4 ·
Well i rode it after i put on my new advancer and K&N dont really feel any diff, just a little when im going about 10-15 mph rev up and dump the clutch it seems like i get the front up higher than before but other than that nothing diff

#5 ·
WTF are you dumping the clutch for?

as for no difference....hmm...i tossed an ignition advancer in my bike and felt a BIG difference. good lord my bike came to life...revs 400 RPMs faster than it did before the install. THAT my friend is a difference. what kind of advancer did you install and how many degrees up did it go?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.