Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding my F3 for a couple years, i thought i'd upgrade to a litre bike. I looked around on Ebay and cycletrader for a while and didnt find anything i liked close to home. I finally got to looking at craigslist and happened to see a 2002 954RR on there. That was the bike I originally wanted to upgrade to. I went to check it out today on about a 4 hour drive and im glad i did. It is absolutely immaculate. There was not a single scratch, dent, or piece of dirt/grime on it anywhere. It definitely has a whole hell of a lot of power, something i'll have to get used to. He also threw in a Shoei RF 800 helmet that is pretty nice. All in all i love the bike

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Nice, nice, nice!!! Have fun on 'er and keep it that nice n' clean! :dblthumb

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I'm down in Brown County... 'bout an hour south of Indy. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
thanks smirk..bd, im about an hour and a half directly south a bloomington, we ought to get some people together in a month or so and do some riding

EDIT:: officially my b-day..figured this was a nice gift to self :p

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Yep, check the Indiana forum, sounds like they do some rides right around us. Seems like some cool people. I'm planning on connecting with 'em up this year. :dblthumb

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
clean looking bike, congrat's.

·
insanity or genius
755 Posts
man shes a beauty, the 954 has always been one of my favorites, its a killer bike.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
thanks fellas, sensei, he traded his for a 1000rr (the blue and yellow) and it looked awesome. I just kinda like the exhaust on the side instead of underneath. Which exhaust style do you like better?

·
Void where prohibited
248 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. You made a great choice :cheers

I also came from an F3 I rode for 3 years...the 954 is a great upgrade.

I can't tell if it has a steering damper on it yet; if not, look into one.

Enjoy :banana

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Sharp lookin bike, congrats man:cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks guys. yeah, i have a sense of control unlike alot of guys. Bob, no dampner haha. I might try to get something like that sometime soon. After buying the bike cash and getting some new gear im gonna be on the broke side for a bit, but its worth it :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts