Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Gixxer 600.....

Im loving it already.

Only problem is when they unloaded it from the trailer they scratched the hell out of the can......

If anyone can recommend a good aftermarket can i would greatly appreciate it.

Wish me luck on this new beast! :cheers

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on the bike, there are a ton of different exhausts out there you just have to find one that appeals to you. Alot of people run yoshi's on gsxr's I had one on my 750 and a Jardine on my 600.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Congrats on the bike :twofinger

oh yea, Aloha and Welcome to SBN :twofinger

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
The DEALER scratched the hell out of the can? Ask them for a little cash toward a new one. As for brands, I'm not sure what goes well on a GSX-R.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yoshi, huh?

What is a slip on exactly......

I just need to replace the can and replace it cheap.

Thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
488 Posts
CONGRATS!!! Its gixxer fever round hurrr... I like yosh's, never heard an akropovic though..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just so you guys know, I didnt buy a Gixxer to say Gixxer and be cool.

I bought it cause it was less money....

How much are we talking for a Yosh slip on? Im guessing slip on is just the can.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Slappy said:
Just so you guys know, I didnt buy a Gixxer to say Gixxer and be cool.

I bought it cause it was less money....

How much are we talking for a Yosh slip on? Im guessing slip on is just the can.

Indeed, slip on is just the can (and generally a mid-pipe as well). The header remains stock.

Price on a Yoshi (or most pipes) is around $270 to $450. There are MANY options (various combos of shape, mount position, color, material) to choose from so I can't give you a set price.

parts411 listings: http://www.parts411.com/acb/showpro...&st3=167382049&CATID=61.0&ObjectGroup_ID=3761

I highly recommend a Carbon Fiber canister. I LOVE my two brothers CF. Being able to lay my hand on the pipe after riding for 2 hours is VERY nice (and easy on passengers).

·
Registered
488 Posts
I had a two brothers on my Honda.. sounded MINTTT the best sound out of a honda in my opinion.. never heard one on a zuki though..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hozhead said:
Indeed, slip on is just the can (and generally a mid-pipe as well). The header remains stock.

Price on a Yoshi (or most pipes) is around $270 to $450. There are MANY options (various combos of shape, mount position, color, material) to choose from so I can't give you a set price.

parts411 listings: http://www.parts411.com/acb/showpro...&st3=167382049&CATID=61.0&ObjectGroup_ID=3761

I highly recommend a Carbon Fiber canister. I LOVE my two brothers CF. Being able to lay my hand on the pipe after riding for 2 hours is VERY nice (and easy on passengers).
Damn Im too poor for that now, that fucking bike tapped me....haha

Is there any place to buy used parts? I saw a carbon fiber can and liked the way it looked but it was louder than shit. Will I be attracting cops because I dont need that....lol

Thanks for your help so far....

·
Bring It!
935 Posts
:cheers Congrats on the new bike. As far as the pipe goes just look around and get one that fits your budget and your style. There are too many out there to list and everybody likes something different. Find one you like. What you should be looking for is a bolt on. If you look at your can you'll see that it bolts to the midpipe with 4 bolts. All you gotta do is get a bolt on then take those bolts off and replace the can. It'll take ya 10 minutes. That will also be the cheapest way to go. Otherwise if you wanted a high mount you'd have to either get a full system or get a slip on that you'd have to cut into the midpipe/headers. That's due to your bike (and mine) not having a separate midpipe. Congrats again and good luck on your exhaust search! :cheers

·
Registered
944 Posts
Don't ignore the high mount exhaust..brings the pipe up next to the second seat..kinda runs along the subframe. I think they look sweeeet.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Purchased from this site...indysuperbike

It's a bolt-on exhaust...you get the canister with ring and hardware...no mid-pipe. It took me like 15 minutes to put it on, it's real easy. I was debating whether to go with this or a micron carbon, but I'm real glad I saved a few bucks and went with the akra. Around here, it seems like every other bike you see has a yosh pipe...(nothing wrong with that, I think they look/sound good and I'm sure its quality) I just wanted something a lil diff.

As far as the sound, It's not annoying loud. Low RPM it has a nice deep rumble sound....and it sounds even better when it's in the higher RPM.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:urowned
spy said:
Purchased from this site...indysuperbike

It's a bolt-on exhaust...you get the canister with ring and hardware...no mid-pipe. It took me like 15 minutes to put it on, it's real easy. I was debating whether to go with this or a micron carbon, but I'm real glad I saved a few bucks and went with the akra. Around here, it seems like every other bike you see has a yosh pipe...(nothing wrong with that, I think they look/sound good and I'm sure its quality) I just wanted something a lil diff.

As far as the sound, It's not annoying loud. Low RPM it has a nice deep rumble sound....and it sounds even better when it's in the higher RPM.
If someone can get me a link to a cheap, decent looking cam, ill buy that up right now.....haha

Man I wish the dealer didnt beat the shit outta the can

·
Registered
983 Posts
Slappy said:
ANother question, where do the hoes sit with the plastic piece of shot there?
Maybe it's just me, but I just don't like the feeling of riding with a passenger (especially when they haven't even been on a bike before), so I just leave the seat off so I don't get asked to give a ride. If they do ask, I tell 'em..."no seat".

·
Registered
983 Posts
Slappy said:
:urowned

If someone can get me a link to a cheap, decent looking cam, ill buy that up right now.....haha

Man I wish the dealer didnt beat the shit outta the can
I don't know what THAT dealer is like, but it definitely wouldn't be out of line to ask them to replace/give you cash to use towards a new can.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Congrats on the bike. :beer
I see you went from a 2001 Ninja 250EX , to a 2003 GSX-R 600 .
Dont end up looking like this guy .
He bought one too !

1 - 20 of 34 Posts