Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quote from spider racing, 5450 including 550 of labor....
about 2k worth of mechanic parts and the remaing cosmetics... UGH

will the insurance total the bike?

someone shoot me.

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
If your bike is worth less than the cost of repair, then I think it will be totaled. The insurance company would prefer to pay the lesser of the two. Just my opinion, as I have never had to file a claim for loss...

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
cesspenar said:
quote from spider racing, 5450 including 550 of labor....
about 2k worth of mechanic parts and the remaing cosmetics... UGH

will the insurance total the bike?

someone shoot me.

I am sure it will be a total if the bike is not even worth $5450....

·
Registered
910 Posts
The exact formula will differ somewhat from carrier to carrier, but generally, if the repair costs are approx 70% or more of the depreciated value of the bike, it is a total.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bike is an 03 gxr600... I believe depreciated value is around 7.5kish?

In this case shouldnt the other party insurance pay for things? I mean my insurance is not gonna do shit since I dont have full coverage and it was the other party's fault (per office report, they also got a ticket from the police for their driving causing an accident...)

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
if it's that much the bike is totaled.
I would still check with Ray.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im going to call them (insurance) in a few...
if its totalled then they are just giving me a check with the amount for the bike adjusted with depreciation right?

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
cesspenar said:
if its totalled then they are just giving me a check with the amount for the bike adjusted with depreciation right?
if you own the bike out right then yes they will give you a check for the Blue Book value of the bike, plus the helmet.

·
Registered
94 Posts
cesspenar said:
I've heard that it's common for a shop to lower a quote below the insurance company's "Totalled Threshold" if the rider indeed wanted to keep the bike. Might be an option if you know the insurance companies threshold.

·
Registered
517 Posts
EdTeach said:
If your insurance company is cool, then they'll tell you what their formula is. Then you can work with Ray to adjust it.

When I filed a claim on my bike, GMD Computrack said that they would do an honest quote and then run it by me. They told me that they could adjust the quote to lower it below my insurance company's "Totalled Threshold" if I indeed wanted to keep the bike. Luckily it came to less that 70% anyway.
Be careful what you print that sounds like insurance fraud...adjusting costs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
yellowbird said:
Be careful what you print that sounds like insurance fraud...adjusting costs.
Really? I didn't think it was an issue if they adjusted it lower in order to avoid totalling it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ricochet105 said:
What's wrong with it? Didn't you say it was mostly cosmetic?
yeah... mechanically just a lot of small parts, and the exhaust is dented, pegs broken... it adds up.
And ALL the fairings are scratched...
it can be fixed with aftermarket/repaint for 4400. 5400 brand new parts.

the insurance guy just went to the shop so Im waiting for them to call me back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts