Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took The Busa Out Today And Had A Nice Ride.on The Way Back I Got No I565 Interstate And It Wasnt Busy So I Let The Busa Eat A Little.i Wound It To About 130 And There Sat A State Trooper Running Radar.i Went By Him At About 120 And Thought This Is It I Am Nailed.he Never Pulled Out, Why I Dont Know But He Had Me Because I Would Not Have Run. I Went Home And Parked The Busa For A While////////////////

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
I got lucky today too. No one called the cops on me for riding the mini through the nicer neighborhoods. One guy :3eek 'ed me but I dont think he called them on me since he thought I was being safe for riding in full gear :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
But yea, cops wont pursue a motorcycle if they know they dont have a chance in hell of catching up. They dont even have to scan you, just take a glance and know they wont even bother.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I got lucky today also, but I wasn't going that fast.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
he knew he wasn't gonna catch ya and that you knew you were busted and would prolly do exactly what you did...

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
+1..........on almost getting nailed by a parked cop.. the problem is you can outrun the ride but not the radio.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Get_1 said:
+1..........on almost getting nailed by a parked cop.. the problem is you can outrun the ride but not the radio.
Yeah, but if you blow by them at 130 they wont get your plate, and probably wont even recognize what kind of bike it is (especially if they arent bikers), so the radio would be useless if the rider wised up and pulled off somewhere and drastically changed direction and slowed down. In that case, not much can be proven.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
most of the time cops are not allowed to pursue in high speed situations cuz its a safety thing and plus a crown vic wont even come close to a bike the poor harleys can out run them

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
give the cop a break.. it takes time to put the jelly donut down, and lick all the icing off your fingers.. by that time a Busa would be in the next state.. HAHAHAAAA

(no offense officer737) :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
No offense, but you got lucky because you did not break your neck. That kind of
speed belongs on the track. You are old enough to know better. Not meaning to rant but it is dangerous enough on the street at acceptable speeds. Please be more careful in the future. We already have a bad enough rep and don't need to lose you. :dblthumb

·
Registered
706 Posts
Reminds me of a time back in the day. Was riding with an acquaintance in his Baretta on a 4 lane highway about a half mile from our exit. Just come around a slight curve doing 120 mph and there is a State boy on the side of the road. With no time to react, this guy was toast.........if the trooper wasn't standing on his door jamb with his back to the road doing something to the light on the roof.
Some days, you are just lucky.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I was out a couple of weeks ago with a group of about 25 bikes or so....We were on I-10...it was late so there wasnt much traffic out and I was riding in front along with another guy on a R1 we opened it up to about 150 and where on pace to keep going when we came around a slight turn and there was the state sitting against the left gaurdrail....we didnt bother slowing down because we knew that right behind us was at least 20 more bikes and there would be no way for him to determine who it was. He flashed his lights after we past but he never pursued anybody from what I was told. I usually only open it up like that in groups for that specific reason. And for all the safety nazis :upyours

1 - 16 of 16 Posts