Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered Galpher stainless steel brake lines (clear coat, front 2 line set), with 2 cans of 5.1 fluid, and 2 speed bleeders. This everything I'm going to need? Total came to $130 shipped..

Also, if you have any links that provide the knowledge on how to go about doin a job like this, that would be dandy.. thanks. :) :beer :cheers

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I can't help you with the links but definately make sure you learn how to do it right. When I put my SS lines on, my brakes were never the same. Before, I could hoist up a nice endo but now the rear tire refuses to lift no matter how hard I try. I quit trying to learn how to stunt so that doesn't bother me. The brakes just don't have the same feel.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that a fact.. do you remem fuckin up during the install at all? or everything seemed to go smooth but the brakes just dont feel right..

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
bpmull said:
I can't help you with the links but definately make sure you learn how to do it right. When I put my SS lines on, my brakes were never the same. Before, I could hoist up a nice endo but now the rear tire refuses to lift no matter how hard I try. I quit trying to learn how to stunt so that doesn't bother me. The brakes just don't have the same feel.
Sounds like there is still some air in the system to me.

njssli22 said:
I just ordered Galpher stainless steel brake lines (clear coat, front 2 line set), with 2 cans of 5.1 fluid, and 2 speed bleeders. This everything I'm going to need? Total came to $130 shipped..

Also, if you have any links that provide the knowledge on how to go about doin a job like this, that would be dandy.. thanks. :) :beer :cheers
This might help both of ya'll and also do a search for more topics on this. There have been several over the years. Bleeding Brakes

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Every thing went smooth. I bleed the brakes a bunch of times so all the air must be out. I have over 10k miles on the lines and the pads have been replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts