Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my daughters 01 Ninja 250 for a ride. Had a nice sunny ride down to a local car show in which my father had his 73 MG. Took it nice and easy, esp with my hand. Left plenty of room for stopping etc. Legs felt pretty good, even with the bruises. Felt just the slightest twinges of pain in my right ankle when riding from the leg position.

Rode home in the pouring rain of course. Had a great soak in the hot tub when I got home.

Sure felt good to ride again, and was surprisingly confident.

Jennifer :)

·
Go-Cart Mozart
3,177 Posts
Glad to hear it. I have not posted to your threads before as I normally do not read them until 2 or 3 days later, but sorry to hear about the run-over, glad to hear you were able to find a replacement, and great to see you out on 2 again. When are you expecting your new bike?

Just added to my stable also,

Here is my new one. Post up pics of your new ride when you get it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice bike, better lose the full face helmet ;)

I pick up the new bike on Thursday.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Way to go, Jen! :dblthumb
Glad to hear you were comfy and confident on your first ride since your mishap.
Take it easy, though, until your hand heals a bit more. I bet you're excited about your new bike, eh?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Glad to hear it. I have not posted to your threads before as I normally do not read them until 2 or 3 days later, but sorry to hear about the run-over, glad to hear you were able to find a replacement, and great to see you out on 2 again. When are you expecting your new bike?

Just added to my stable also,

Here is my new one. Post up pics of your new ride when you get it.
don't mean to thread-jack, but nice bike. Joinin' the ranks of the split personalities - a sport bike and a Harley. Low-Rider? It's a Dyna-something, but can't see the gauges on the tank to tell if it's a Super-Glide or a Low-Rider. What year?

(edit: just saw the speedo on the steering head - Super Glide?)

·
Go-Cart Mozart
3,177 Posts
Yeah, my bad for posting on Jen's thread and jacking it. It is a Dyna Custom year is 01. And yeah, I got the shorty helmet too LOL

·
Wildcat Fanatic
1,519 Posts
Klouseau, it's great that you got back on the horse, so to speak! I know it's a tough thing to do, but that's a great sign that you felt surprisingly confident. You're picking it up on Thursday, right? Hopefully we'll see pics by Friday!

Oh, and BrotherGrim, don't let them tell you that you ought to be wearing a brain bucket as opposed to a full-face helmet! When I had my '05 V-Star, I always wore a full-face. In fact, I've NEVER worn a half-shell, open-face, brain bucket, whatever you want to call it. The only type of helmet I've ever worn is a full-face...regardless of what I was riding!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You'll see pics on Thursday!

I was kidding about ditching the full face. I had to relieve my daughter of some of her daily chores so I could steal her bike ;) Ahh the way you can manipulate children!

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
I'm glad you're back to riding!

As for the pics on Thursday...I expect them to look very similar to the pics we saw a short time ago when you got the '08 v1.
:lao

·
The Flying Finn
2,594 Posts
Why does this thread remind me of an Aerosmith song? :lol

Glad to hear you're in good spirits Jen! I'm sad that I won't get another Niagara ride for a few years yet, maybe next time you meet I'll drive my truck down and have dinner with everybody... :dblthumb

·
Parrothead
560 Posts
I was thinking the same thing "I'm Baaaack, I'm Baaaack in the saddle again."

Congrats on getting back on two wheels klouseau!!!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Glad to hear you're in good spirits Jen! I'm sad that I won't get another Niagara ride for a few years yet, maybe next time you meet I'll drive my truck down and have dinner with everybody... :dblthumb

Why did you sell both your bikes?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Oh, and BrotherGrim, don't let them tell you that you ought to be wearing a brain bucket as opposed to a full-face helmet! When I had my '05 V-Star, I always wore a full-face. In fact, I've NEVER worn a half-shell, open-face, brain bucket, whatever you want to call it. The only type of helmet I've ever worn is a full-face...regardless of what I was riding!
+10 My g/f and I wear full-face helmets and sport gear (jackets) on our Harley's every time we ride. I don't think it looks out of place at all. The cruiser "image" (half-shell helmet, minimal/no gear) is overrated and unsafe to boot. Don't feel like you've gotta dumb down to the cruiser image just 'cuz you're riding a Harley.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Real bikers don't ride harley's...How many cross country riders are on Harleys?
More than you might think. In this group I belong to that broke off from a HOG chapter, there's about 8 that take week to two week rides out west, up north to Canada, just about all points. Couple of years ago some of them rode out west, did the 4 corners (CO, UT, NM, AZ?) and then rode home by way of Sturgis. Out of about 30 in the group, that's about a quarter of them. I don't know if this qualifies as cross-country or not, but my g/f and I take a week almost every year to ride the Blue Ridge down to NC, eastern TN, GA and so on. 2100 miles in 7 days almost entirely on back roads is a decent ride. I'll admit there's a lot of guys that buy the big dressers and they're never parked overnight any place but home. People who buy GW's are for the most part serious tourers. I'm sure a much higher percentage of them actually use them for touring. But "real bikers don't ride harley's" - that's a bit of a broad statement dontcha' think? I tend to think my g/f and I are real riders - I do 10,000+ miles a year, we'll both do 400+ mile (backroads), 13-hour days on the bikes at the drop of a hat. And we're both MOTGATT (sans riding pants). Don't know how much more than that you have to do to be a real biker. No mistake, our Harley's get ridden. So more posers and wannabe bad-asses on Harley's than other bikes? Yeah, no doubt. But real bikers don't ride Harley's... don't think so.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I log on average about 15,000 kms per year, no matter the size of bike. I did 14,000 kms one year on my YSR50. (12" rims). Have logged 34,000 total on that little baby.

·
Go-Cart Mozart
3,177 Posts
sorry Jen, didn't mean to jack the thread this hard I am glad to hear things are working out for you with the new bike

I was just kinda excited about the new (to me) ride

as far as serious goes... I ride and if I didn't big deal, they are still my bikes

I put 325miles on Sat afternoon... probably just a poser then

or you could check out my riders resume instead of making assumptions

1 - 20 of 24 Posts