Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres this ol lady down the street that hates me and my friend. She is always pointing at us, gesturing to us when we ride by, and we ride cool as hell, no speeding or dumb acts.
Well I suspect she called the police and made a complaint because I was coming home and there was at least 3 patrol cars hiding on the main drag as well on my block.
Well today I was fixing my throttle cable and test rode, there she was again waving her hand in the air pointing to us talking to family.
I saw a couple down the block and apologized for the noise if I disturbed them ( have a full Muzzy exhaust)
The guy said, "nah were cool, we think the bikes are cool" we talked for a bit and I was off.
Any you guys have bad neighbors like mine?

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
lived in a townhouse that shared driveway entrance and the neighbors were always parking there vehicles infront of my garage....so one night when they had a bunch of people over and i couldn't get out of my garage i called the tow trucks - 6 of 'em and had all the vehicles that were blocking my path towed....
so i guess i'm the worst neighbor....:neener

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny you mention that...the ol lady has a "dont not park" sign in her yard by the street.

·
pick your poison
2,972 Posts
Never had a problem with my nieghbors, just their dogs! Fuggers will try to chase
me down the road. Sonsabithches!

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
okie said:
Never had a problem with my nieghbors, just their dogs! Fuggers will try to chase
me down the road. Sonsabithches!
:eek:nfloor is that why you traded up to the 10R :eek:nfloor

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
okie said:
Why of course! :lol
so now instead of biteing your ankles they're biteing you on the butt cause them 10R's are so damn wheelie happy :neener

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
I have about 45,000 Iraqi's who would prolly like it if I left with all my buddies :lao

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
you know, it used to be when neighbors had an issue they would talk to each other and resolve it without any other intervention.

You might try walking down to her house and introducing yourself and asking her why she points at you and if there is something you can do as you are concerned about why she may be getting upset. She may be mistaking you for someone else.

Hey, it beats talking to the cops about it.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
KatanaMike said:
you know, it used to be when neighbors had an issue they would talk to each other and resolve it without any other intervention.

Hey, it beats talking to the cops about it.
i tried on more than one occasion to work things out with neighbors without any luck - now my attitude is to hell with 'em - you gotta give respect to get respect...

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have good neighbors. I rent the basement appartment with my girlfriend. My landlord upstairs doesn't mind the bike at all, and lets me keep it in the shed in the back garden. My neighbor on one side of the house has a bike as well (I ride with him all the time). My neighbor on the other side, closest to the shed, is the one I was concerned about. It's a bit of an older couple -- around 60 or so I guess. I was afraid that the noise of the bike starting up as it idles to warm up would bother them, seeing as how the shed is along the edge of their property. As I was out front one day, he was out painting a window and asked me about the bike. Turns out he used to ride for 40 years but had to give up a couple years ago because of a hip problem. I asked him if it was too loud or bothered him or anything. First thing he said is "No way, I love the sound of it, what kind of exhaust do you have put on that?" The old man was cool.

I guess I'm just lucky?!

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
You guy have amateur bad neighbors. When I was 18 I lived in a house in Rogers Heights. There were two houses at opposite ends of the street, a dozen or so hard asses living in each. They'd occasionally rumble in front of our house.

What made them world-class bad neighbors is that -- sometimes after a rumble -- they'd knock on our door for first aid.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Had a neighbor call the cops and complain about our boat and truck being parked on the street in front of our house. It's insured, plates and that but we think it's the neighbor that owns a storage place. Because after we move it to the driveway he asks us why and then says that he has an opening in his storage unit, we already have a truck in there which were getting it out just as soon as the lease expires. Now the city is passing an ordinance to where if you have and bushes, fences or anything like that and you live on a corner house *like us* it has to be in 20 ft and no higher than 40" and you can't park any vehicles on your property if it's not a dedicated driveway. So we fixed all of our problems by making our yard a big asphalt driveway.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
we have a neighbor that calls the cops on us when we throw a party, but nothing too bad, it hasnt happened in a while. As for my loud ass v-twin bike, ill come home around 3am and no one has said anything(i usually keep the revs around 2500rpm and try to make it as silent as possible.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Damn, city ordinance restrictions in wyoming, the world must be coming to an end. I grew up there and it was pretty much do whatever the hell you want with your own property. Lucky you don't get your ass full of rocksalt telling someone out there what they can and can't do on their property. Anyway sorry for the hi-jack, I am lucky with the neighbors. I have one guy across the alley with a high dollar custom and he likes to rev it up loud, and another punk kid down the alley who likes to wheelie and speed up and down, so I end up looking like the mellow one to all the rest of the neighbors.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i'm in a property line dispute with the neighbor next door right now. lawyers are involved and everything. it's kind of a bad situation and a really long story. bottom line is he's some spoiled kid and his parents bought this house for him and he is refusing to accept where the property line is.

there's an older couple that lives behind me. Never said a word to them. While I was telling someone about my property dispute and metioned that i've never spoken to the other neighbors he said, 'that's what good neighbors do'. I thought that was funny :lol

·
Registered
330 Posts
Took me 15 minutes to read that story.. but OMG. Thats awesome. I particullarly like the "Fecal lasagna" Bit

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Just one old bastard in my building who gets pissed when I warm my shit up in the garage.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts