Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a brand new 2005 r6, in raven color!!!!!!!!!!! i been riding it all around my neighborhood to get used to it, and i am going to take the MSF course a.s.a.p!!!

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Make sure you do stick around the neighborhood until the MSF. Find a friend to take to an empty parking lot and work on finding the friction zone.

Good luck :cheers

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i been riding it pretty good, its got a ton of power....a ton, but its sooo smooth and nice to ride, very comfortable, i love it, i sat on the honda at the dealer, and found it a bit awkward for me, it felt like the front end was lowered, and i really didnt like it that much.

EDIT: i will try to get some pictures of it as soon as i can

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Hmmm... MSF before an R6? Be careful. Bad order of events.

Anyway, you prob. knew this was coming.

:needpics

·
Registered
297 Posts
mikem317 said:
Hmmm... MSF before an R6? Be careful. Bad order of events.

Anyway, you prob. knew this was coming.

:needpics
pre-wrecked pics please.
just poking at you. be careful

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Gear and frame sliders are always good.

Good luck with the bike man, enjoy it

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im getting framesliders and gloves really soon, i got a free "shell" helmet which is really nice BTW and it fits perfect. im paying $200 a month (i chose higher payments b/c of the locked interest rate, and there is no penalty for early payments). im really getting the feel for the bike, i can so smooth now, but i havent got it over 600 rpm due to the break in period, i gotta wait till the 600 mile tune up before i can really get to learn the whole bike well, but now the low speeds its the best bike i have ever ridden

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
but i havent got it over 600 rpm due to the break in period, i gotta wait till the 600 mile tune up before i can really get to learn the whole bike well, but now the low speeds its the best bike i have ever ridden
I think you mean 6,000 RPMs. At 600 RPMs, your bike would stall or be very close to stalling.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
nice, I almost got the Raven, but held out till the dealer located a blue one for me, and yes please post pics. enjoy and be safe

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Nice bike choice, but no you're not smooth yet, and no you can't ride good yet, and no you're not fast :D. Keep telling yourself that. I do it to myself all the time, or else you're going to get cocky on that machine and it'll pitch ya. It did to me. I'm not slamming ya, just tellin ya from my experience and how I do it. I constantly tell myself that I'm not a fast or smooth rider, just to keep my ego in check :D.

Good luck bro, post some pics up.

·
Registered
706 Posts
train460 said:
pre-wrecked pics please.
just poking at you. be careful
Your just wrong. :eek:nfloor

Good luck with that thing. Take your time and learn emergency (not panic) braking.
Oh, yeah, that handgrip on the right, don't twist back on it very hard. :slaugh

Most of all, ride safe and have fun. :dblthumb

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
i been riding it pretty good, its got a ton of power....a ton, but its sooo smooth and nice to ride, very comfortable, i love it, i sat on the honda at the dealer, and found it a bit awkward for me, it felt like the front end was lowered, and i really didnt like it that much.

EDIT: i will try to get some pictures of it as soon as i can

because of the seat. On the r6 its much higher, so it feels like you are riding over it instead of in it... which causes the r6 to be very wheelie prone with a quick twist. It can catch you off guard if you dont treat that accordingly.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Congrats!!! The R6 is a blast to ride. Have fun. Be safe.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mikem317 said:
I think you mean 6,000 RPMs. At 600 RPMs, your bike would stall or be very close to stalling.

yeah i know that, it was a typo :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
k here is some pics i just scanned some pics from a disposable camera (i need a digital cam) but it works!

:banana :banana

1 - 20 of 56 Posts