Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want begin this by stopping all the "you got what you deserved" comments. I know that I do wheelies all the time (not in traffic though) and I know that maybe my time was coming but if it was, I wish I would of got busted for doing an actual wheelie.

So, here is the story. This week I did several little things to the bike and last night I topped it off by installing a cable clutch lever (replaced the hydro unit). I finished late at night and I couldn't test it out last night so today was the day. I came home from work and found that my left grip was still loose from taking it off so I almost didn't ride. I guess I shouldn't of either but I was anxious to test out the mod so I zip tied the grip down tight and rode away. Because of the grip being like that, there was no way I was going to wheelie either, too easy for things to go bad so I resigned myself to a leisurely ride.

So I get out to a back road with no traffic and decide to slip the clutch a little bit to see how much different it is. I end up giving it a bit too much gas and the front end hops like 5-10 inches off the ground (I can't even clutch up wheelies so I wasn't trying either). Right after the hop, I look over to my left and there is a cop who watched the whole thing. I'm like shit, but it barely came up so I figure he just ignored it... not so lucky I guess because he comes up behind me and pops on his cherries. I pull over, he gets out and asks me just what I thought I was doing. I explain about testing the new clutch etc and he says something about not riding vehicles that don't work properly on the road. I try to explain more and he says, "I think you were just trying to Hotdog your bicycle". I tell him no, he gives me a "you are full of shit look" and says, "Tell me why I shouldn't give you a Disorderly Use of a Vehicle ticket" I explain it again and reiterate that it was an accident and he asks for my license which in his words better be "spotless". I tell him it is pretty darn close and he goes back to his car. Then he comes out again and tells me I'm getting a ticket .

I'm pretty confident I can get this majorly reduced or even thrown out of court. I have all the receipts for the parts I installed and a tracking number that says it was delivered yesterday. Plus I think the only reason he gave me a ticket was because he thought I was full of shit, which I wasn't.

Oh well, what are you going to do . Last year I got a ticket for doing a wheelie and it was actually AndyF3 that did it and this year I get one for bouncing the front end on accident. I just wanted to scream at the little dick, "I'LL GO OUT THERE AND SHOW YOU A FUCKING WHEELIE SO I CAN GET MY $250 DOLLARS WORTH OUT OF THIS SHIT"...

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
man, i feel for ya. yeah, i can understand wanting to actually deserve the tickt...hell if you're going to get one, might ought deserve it...get a lawyer, maybe that'll help.

·
50cc's of Honda power!
793 Posts
take pics with the date in the corner. if you cant get the date on there photoshop it in.

the power that cops have gets to them and they have to show it off. like ive said before, my dad was a cop and ive heard all his stories. if he wasnt wearing a badge, he wouldve got his ass a nice beat down for some of the shit him and his partners did to people.

·
Registered
586 Posts
tickets suck. I almost got one on Tuesday, but the nice state patrolman just gave me a warning. 78 in a 65. I think the only thing that helped me is that I was pleasant with him, and didn't argue a bit. "Yes sir, officer, I was speeding. Just a warning, thanks."

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just remember, everything happens for a reason, that's what makes the world go round, If that makes any sense? Secondly, keep that front tire down,only bad things happen when the front tire is up!

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Yeah, accidents happen, and I can understand how the new clutch engagement would lead to that happening, but the cop doesnt know it was an actual accident. To him, he just thinks you are trying to get out of a ticket. He saw you do a wheelie, and he cited you for it.

I dont think you will be able to get out of paying the big fine (they never drop the fine), but if you show up to court, the judge will most likely drop the charge to "improper operation of a motor vehicle", and will will be like 1 point or something like that. So that will save you on insurance.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I just got one on tues day for 61 in a 35...it sucks becuase I was trying to get thru the yellow light, did very successfully but a cop was sitting at the red light and got me as I flew thru the intersection. One of those things you realize how dumb it was once you see the cherries and berries in the mirror...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
That sucks Mike....hopefully court will solve it though....Just wear a hot suit - preferrably a skirt, and some stillettos, and they will let you off....it always works for me! My record is 'spotless'.....****Muahahaha***

·
Registered
147 Posts
Naughty Naughty, you're grounded!

Tickets suck, but so do most COPS, they are always there when you don't want them to be, but the second you actually need an officer they are no where to be found.
It sounds like you will be getting out of it at court, with all of the receipts you have!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sexNstillettos said:
That sucks Mike....hopefully court will solve it though....Just wear a hot suit - preferrably a skirt, and some stillettos, and they will let you off....it always works for me! My record is 'spotless'.....****Muahahaha***
I wish I would of had a big ole pair of titties yesterday, that would of gotten me out of the ticket.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Jokertlr said:
I wish I would of had a big ole pair of titties yesterday, that would of gotten me out of the ticket.
I wish I did too......... :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
sexNstillettos said:
I wish I did too......... :(
The miracles of modern science await the both of you. In fact, you might even be able to get a two for one deal :)

Seriously though, sorry to hear about the ticket :( There's no real rhyme or reason to law enforcement anymore. In fact, the reasoning behind most laws has nothing actually to do with their 'claimed' reason.

If you ever wonder, go ask the city why the speed limit is 50mph downtown. I'll give you a hint, it isn't for safety purposes, or any other 'well meaning' reason.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I probably would have told the cop what you said...."If you want to see a wheelie gimme a second so I can get my ticket's worth"......If he is gonna slap you with a disorderly use of vehicle then show hm that you know what that means and what you did was a mistake (accidental? can't really say that cause that means you were not in control of your vehicle).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did he give you a Disorderly Conduct with a Motor Vehicle ticket? If so, that would be an ordinance violation and does not carry any points. Not trying to talk down to you but was the ticket yellow or white? If he wrote you a reckless driving ticket on a UTC that's a different story.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
streetshark394 said:
Did he give you a Disorderly Conduct with a Motor Vehicle ticket? If so, that would be an ordinance violation and does not carry any points. Not trying to talk down to you but was the ticket yellow or white? If he wrote you a reckless driving ticket on a UTC that's a different story.
Yeah, that was what it was, a Disorderly Conduct ticket.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
People blame cops for everything, the truth is, most cops are people just like us, they are doing their job, that is all. If I was a cop and I saw a bike do a wheelie (even a little one) I'd probably pull them over and ticket them too. I'm not saying you deserved the ticket, but what else was the cop gonna do? I can't tell you how many times I've heard people giving lame ass excuses with equipment malfunction (some true, most not). He did his job, it came up bad on your end, and that's too bad, but don't blame the cops for everything.

·
Registered
74 Posts
firefighter81 said:
He did his job, it came up bad on your end, and that's too bad, but don't blame the cops for everything.
As a whole, people need to be educated better on legislation, rather than on finger pointing. If you know applicable laws and your rights, you are much better off. :twofinger

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
silva bullit said:
i got 3 letters....FTP :twofinger
This coming from a guy who wears an Icon Jacket :lol (sorry I had to do it)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts