Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I get home from school. I park outside because I need to get ready for work. I've been trying to sell my car so I put the sign on it. When I get out I see those parking ticket cops giving my car a ticket for $100. I tell him I just parked it there while I got ready. He argues about how I can't park my car with the for sale sign on any public streets. I'm mad right now, I kept my cool tho. You guys think I should fight the ticket? Because If I really got a ticket for parking my car outside my house while I took a shower, just for having a for sale sign on it...That fu**ing sucks. I'm in Northern California if anybody is familiar with this law.

·
Registered
705 Posts
So I get home from school. I park outside because I need to get ready for work. I've been trying to sell my car so I put the sign on it. When I get out I see those parking ticket cops giving my car a ticket for $100. I tell him I just parked it there while I got ready. He argues about how I can't park my car with the for sale sign on any public streets. I'm mad right now, I kept my cool tho. You guys think I should fight the ticket? Because If I really got a ticket for parking my car outside my house while I took a shower, just for having a for sale sign on it...That fu**ing sucks. I'm in Northern California if anybody is familiar with this law.
I'll trade you tickets.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I can't believe there's actually a law in California prohibiting people from posting a for sale sign on their car when it's paked in a public space..........oh wait... nevermind... that's what happens when you vote for liberals

·
I dunno
3,784 Posts
you got a for sale sign ticket

·
I dunno
3,784 Posts
yea dude you can fight it pretty easy you just have to look up the law and see how its written, find out the reasons behind that law too

·
Ooh lawd!
8,466 Posts
Wow, libs don't want you selling your car now?

I don't know whether this thread should be moved to P&R or to Busted?

·
Are we not men?
9,023 Posts
Wow, libs don't want you selling your car now?

I don't know whether this thread should be moved to P&R or to Busted?
They don't mind you selling your car, they just don't want to have to see you trying to sell your car. It devalues their life in some way.:lao

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Unbelievable, Larry Flints Garbage is covered by the first Amendment and you cannot hang a forsale sign in your car?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know. Plus it's not like I just parked the car there and left. I explained to the officer that I was just taking a shower and that I just parked it there because I didn't want to waste time parking it in my garage and stuff. Response was "Next time take off the sign, you can only put it for sale on the newspaper or internet. Not on a public street". It wasn't even a real cop though. It's was one of those lil crappy police officers that only work giving people tickets for parking and etc. This killed my day if I get fined that's $100 dollars less in my pocket..

·
Just chillin'
209 Posts
Er..local law?
I see a lot of cars on public streets with "for Sale" signs, I never see any tickets though.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Everyone that possibly can should contest crap like this on principle.

PhilB

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know I'm going to contest it. It's bullshit. It isn't even a big avenue, it's like a hidden backstreet. Maybe the cop needed to fill tickets or had a bad day.

·
butt marker
1,715 Posts
My wife got a ticket when she parked in front of our house to unload the kids. She walked inside and came out to be getting a ticket. We live on a small one way street that is very wide and has no signs posted for no parking. We were too busy to fight it.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts