Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand now why you guys write about “being too comfortable” on the bike. Rollin a little late for work this morning. Stepdaughter needed the cage, but that was no problem because Friday is casual day at work so I geared up and hit the road. Had to stop for gas – the usuall. 5 bucks dang near filled me up… At any rate, there’s a little back road that exits the gas station about an 8th of a mile long that ends at a stop sign. I was gearing down ( a little aggressive cause I was in a hurry ) and the ground was wet. Dropped down into 1st a little hard and… WIGGLE WIGGLE - and that was it.

Tires were cold, ground was wet. No big deal really – just that it was the first time in about 4K miles that my baby acted-up on me. The rest of the ride was wonderful.

As stupid as this may sound, this is my profound thought for Friday… Being able to ride, and I mean having a great ride, after a layoff – is kinda like getting LAID after a long dry spell. I’m just sitting here satisfied. I’m not excited or anything really… Just content…

Happy Friday Fellers (an’ Fellerettes)

NN

·
Registered
548 Posts
haha nothing like a little wiggle to pucker yer butthole up in the morning!!!....I did the exact same thing last Friday...cold tires are always tricky like that.

Well atleast you kept her up soooo HAPPY FRIDAY!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've had that happen to me several times while downshifting alittle too late comming into a corner. The rear brakes loose alittle bit even with the slipper clutch (which I think the 03's dont have?), but for that split second it really makes ya feel alive and gets the adrenaline pumping. Even more so than draggin knee through a corner, lol.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
a lil bit of wiggle makes you feel alive. lol

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I know some riders go hard in the wet, but I either don't ride when wet or ride geeked out if the road is damp.

Rode everyday this week and yesterday was the first day the entire loop was completely dry. That was good.

But, earlier in the week I had to geek in several areas of forest overhang, so slow that some tuner kids caught me and I waved them by. In another stretch some old lady driving a Jeep caught me, I shamefully waved her by.

OK, so I geek in conditions that I consider beyond me.

But at least I arrived alive.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
a lil bit of wiggle makes you feel alive. lol
So true. With the fazer I have to get all over the bike in the twisties and sometimes I accidentally use the bars as pivot points.

That causes the bike to do some nice little weird things, under roll on, that does indeed make me feel great and alive.

Thank God for these bikes.

Life is good.

·
You're a Daisy if ya do
8,534 Posts
F*ck Jasonn, I thought this was gonna be a story about you and the wifey having some kind of wild sex this morning.

What a let down

·
Just Kiss The Tip
3,017 Posts
J it puckers you up when it happens to you for the first time in a while don't it...

shit maybe not a good thing, but my SV wiggles around in the rear all the time... I break her down to wiggle...I lock up my rear to wiggle...

Some times I jut like to wiggle...lol.

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know some riders go hard in the wet, but I either don't ride when wet or ride geeked out if the road is damp.

Rode everyday this week and yesterday was the first day the entire loop was completely dry. That was good.

But, earlier in the week I had to geek in several areas of forest overhang, so slow that some tuner kids caught me and I waved them by. In another stretch some old lady driving a Jeep caught me, I shamefully waved her by.

OK, so I geek in conditions that I consider beyond me.

But at least I arrived alive.
I get like that when it's raining... And yeah... It sucks when others are passing you up when you're trying to be carefull...

But just like you said - you got there in one peice and that's what it's all about IMO.

:)

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
F*ck Jasonn, I thought this was gonna be a story about you and the wifey having some kind of wild sex this morning.

What a let down
This reminds me... Back about 3 years ago. For some reason me and the wife woke up an hour and some before we were supposed to get ready for work. Man she was ON IT! I tore it up and she even let me PIITB.

I get to work (late) - and my boss is in one of her moods and rails my ass about being late and wanted to know why etc etc etc...

I couldn't answer her and tell her the truth... And to be honest, the rest of my day completely sucked.

BUT ALAS TIME PLAYED IT'S CARD!!!

When I swapped jobs and my old boss retired back at the old place. She and I met up one day after her retirement party for a few beers. Her and her husband met me at a bar up the road from my house.

Believe it or not. I TOLD THEM BOTH THE STORY!!! My boss laughed... Her hubby just shook his head in disbelief...

·
I dunno
3,784 Posts
This reminds me... Back about 3 years ago. For some reason me and the wife woke up an hour and some before we were supposed to get ready for work. Man she was ON IT! I tore it up and she even let me PIITB.

I get to work (late) - and my boss is in one of her moods and rails my ass about being late and wanted to know why etc etc etc...

I couldn't answer her and tell her the truth... And to be honest, the rest of my day completely sucked.

BUT ALAS TIME PLAYED IT'S CARD!!!

When I swapped jobs and my old boss retired back at the old place. She and I met up one day after her retirement party for a few beers. Her and her husband met me at a bar up the road from my house.

Believe it or not. I TOLD THEM BOTH THE STORY!!! My boss laughed... Her hubby just shook his head in disbelief...

Hell I would have told the boss why.

Boss: your late! why?

Me: cause the wife woke up horny as hell, hell she even wanted it in the ass!

Boss: ok I don't need to hear any more (starts to walk away)

Me: wait im not done yet, (continues on with the story)

Boss sticks fingers in ears yelling I can't hear you TMI

Trust me it works, they'll never ask again, and you got to share you're morning:banana

·
I dunno
3,784 Posts
My bike still has the factory dunflop 252s on it, I got that wiggle all the damn time, it really got unnearving at 75+ going around a turn and hitting crack seal, you can feel the tires slip every time you hit that tar, the bikes kinda steps over a bit.

·
Banned
317 Posts
My bike still has the factory dunflop 252s on it, I got that wiggle all the damn time, it really got unnearving at 75+ going around a turn and hitting crack seal, you can feel the tires slip every time you hit that tar, the bikes kinda steps over a bit.
yeah, i don't like that goo. always a cause for some pucker moments

·
Shut the **** up and ride
5,031 Posts
I rarely ride in the rain or in those type of conditions, but if I do, Im always extremely careful and take it easy.

My brother highsided pulling out of our driveway on cold tires and cold pavement. He accidentally gave it a little too much throttle and WOOP, there he went. It happened just like that video with the guy pulling out of the parking lot on his brand new Gsx-r in Europe.

Also, those tar snakes are a bitch. Even going slow and riding over them makes you nervous.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
now you made MHR feel bad that you can keep the bike up after a little wiggle. :lao

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I rarely ride in the rain or in those type of conditions, but if I do, Im always extremely careful and take it easy.

My brother highsided pulling out of our driveway on cold tires and cold pavement. He accidentally gave it a little too much throttle and WOOP, there he went. It happened just like that video with the guy pulling out of the parking lot on his brand new Gsx-r in Europe.

Also, those tar snakes are a bitch. Even going slow and riding over them makes you nervous.
That's one thing that I like and hate about the Yucks. Hard to power wheelie at slow speeds, but that makes it harder to crash like that video rider.

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
I've done that when I come out of really shitty driveways that dip and have gravel and give it to much gas.

I like it because its a test to see who will win and I always win:D

·
Destiny Calls
502 Posts
Yeah, I rode the other day for a first time in about a month. It was cold, sub 40. My tires were cold and coming around a turn I got a bit hard on the gas and rear started to slide on me. I eased off faster than I should have and the rear bucked pretty hard. Scary, but not really a close call. Felt damn nice to be back on the bike though! =)

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well it's official. I'm just to the milimeter in tread on my back tire. Looks like I'll be grounded on damp days. This sucks cause I was gonna wait out the winter first.

·
I dunno
3,784 Posts
I'll send you my dunflop 252's when I get new tires this spring.

No not really I wouldn't be that mean to some body

1 - 20 of 20 Posts