Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was playing b-ball with somefriends when for no reason some losers hopped the fence and tries starting a fight with us, then the kid pulls out a stun gun and his g/f pulled a 12 gauge sawed off shotgun and pointed it at us. it was in public so i knew that they wouldnt shoot it off, and i just stood there and told them to go home, they finally left we called the cops and 45 minutes later they finally show up, went to their house and search, they didnt find a gun there so the cops didnt do anything :mad: and the people got away with it....so to all cops :upyours

·
Registered
966 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
i was playing b-ball with somefriends when for no reason some losers hopped the fence and tries starting a fight with us, then the kid pulls out a stun gun and his g/f pulled a 12 gauge sawed off shotgun and pointed it at us. it was in public so i knew that they wouldnt shoot it off, and i just stood there and told them to go home, they finally left we called the cops and 45 minutes later they finally show up, went to their house and search, they didnt find a gun there so the cops didnt do anything :mad: and the people got away with it....so to all cops :upyours
No FU nitortc3drifter. :upyours The cops did the job under the laws that are set, just becuase you told them that they had a gun isnt enough proof to arrest them. If you wanted to say :upyours to the people that pulled the guns out, then fine, but its not the cops fault, there hands were tied......and you tell the cop :upyours when there giving you CPR trying to save your life when your on the side of the road because you wrecked.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, :upyours too, when there is a call for a gun being pulled, and it takes them 45 minutes to get there when the station is down the street, if they would have poped the gun off there wouldnt have been any life left to do CPR on

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Ok fellas. There are just way too many little red dudes with long fingers.

I'm glad that you didn't get blasted though. But a girl actually pulled a shotgun on you guys?! What the hell is this world coming too? I guess I answered it...hell.

That was a pretty long response time for the cops to show up, but sometimes they just can't respond to every call at once. If there were cops sitting around the station, that would be ideal, but that's not their job. They have to work the beat.

Becareful of your surroundings and be thankful that you didn't get blasted. Do you know these kids? Maybe their parents need to be turned in and the kids put at foster care.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Everyone breath...

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry about the negativity toward cops, but when i get a shotty pointed at me and it takes 45 minutes for them to get here, i am definately gonna be pissed

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
sorry about the negativity toward cops, but when i get a shotty pointed at me and it takes 45 minutes for them to get here, i am definately gonna be pissed

That is a long time yes. HOWEVER. Police officers DO NOT sit around at the Police Station waiting for calls to come in. They are out in the cars patrolling and answering calls for service. They dont leave they station to go to a call and them come back for the next call. So that part of your reasoning is faulty.

Secondly, I am going to assume that you called AFTER all this happened? And that the immediate threat was gone at the time right?? If so then your call went down on priority because there was NO IMMEDIATE threat at the time you called..

Thirdly, while YOUR call probably seems THE most important thing going on in YOUR life at the moment ITS NOT the only call the Police Department is handing at the time. You and him and her and him and him and you and her are ALL calling the Police Department to have them come out and take care of a situation at the same time. It boils down to manpower or a lack of. Most Police Departments dont have enough manpower on the streets to work all the calls for service immediately. Sooo, what happens is they get prioritized. People calls get higher priority and property calls get lower priority. Now yes yours situation was a pretty darn high priority call, but do you think that maybe others were calling in with calls with just as high of priority as yours? And that they called in BEFORE you did???? And like I said, the threat had left the area.

Also you mentioned that you were mad because no one was arrested. Without any kind of proof, LIKE A GUN then an arrest based on "He said, She Said" wouldnt hold up worth a damn. How would you feel if the Police came to your house and arrested you on someones "word" that you threatened them with a gun, even though they couldn't find one. Bet you wouldn't like that at all huh.

Just somethings to think about before you go and talk down on the Police just because they didn't do what YOU thought they should have...

·
Registered
966 Posts
ZXLNT said:
That is a long time yes. HOWEVER. Police officers DO NOT sit around at the Police Station waiting for calls to come in. They are out in the cars patrolling and answering calls for service. They dont leave they station to go to a call and them come back for the next call. So that part of your reasoning is faulty.

Secondly, I am going to assume that you called AFTER all this happened? And that the immediate threat was gone at the time right?? If so then your call went down on priority because there was NO IMMEDIATE threat at the time you called..

Thirdly, while YOUR call probably seems THE most important thing going on in YOUR life at the moment ITS NOT the only call the Police Department is handing at the time. You and him and her and him and him and you and her are ALL calling the Police Department to have them come out and take care of a situation at the same time. It boils down to manpower or a lack of. Most Police Departments dont have enough manpower on the streets to work all the calls for service immediately. Sooo, what happens is they get prioritized. People calls get higher priority and property calls get lower priority. Now yes yours situation was a pretty darn high priority call, but do you think that maybe others were calling in with calls with just as high of priority as yours? And that they called in BEFORE you did???? And like I said, the threat had left the area.

Also you mentioned that you were mad because no one was arrested. Without any kind of proof, LIKE A GUN then an arrest based on "He said, She Said" wouldnt hold up worth a damn. How would you feel if the Police came to your house and arrested you on someones "word" that you threatened them with a gun, even though they couldn't find one. Bet you wouldn't like that at all huh.

Just somethings to think about before you go and talk down on the Police just because they didn't do what YOU thought they should have...
Well Put ZNXLT, this is what I was trying to say in my post above, but hate when people say FTP.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ZxHunteR said:
So were they trying to rob you or what?
None of that makes sense
i guess they wanted to prove how "hard" they were and the boy kept saying "i rep the hanes road boys bitch, come with sumthin"

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
youarealldoomed1977 said:
"a shotty". please slink somewhere quiet and expire.

p.s. this has nothing to do with motorcycles.

yes, this needs moved to open.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
i guess they wanted to prove how "hard" they were and the boy kept saying "i rep the hanes road boys bitch, come with sumthin"

They must have just watched Torque and thought you were one of the Biker Boyz

....even though you dont have a bike yet:( lame joke ruined

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh yeah, sorry, im used to my website, i just look for the word "general" when it means talk about anything but this is "general sportbike", honest mistake wont happen again

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've got guns pulled on me before... even by cops (fucker). Not saying they're all bad but there are some.

I'm driving with my friends to my cousins house and cop decides to bust a U and follow me into his driveway. Im all the way in the drive way, car off, and stepping out when he pulls in and pulls his gun out on me and my friends.

Asshole claims he pulled me over because of a tail light. If that was the case, theres no need for a freakin gun. Think he did it to show off to some chick explorer in the car. Fucker even cuffed me and put in the backseat and for what?

·
Registered
791 Posts
lilxboi said:
I've got guns pulled on me before... even by cops (fucker). Not saying they're all bad but there are some.

I'm driving with my friends to my cousins house and cop decides to bust a U and follow me into his driveway. Im all the way in the drive way, car off, and stepping out when he pulls in and pulls his gun out on me and my friends.

Asshole claims he pulled me over because of a tail light. If that was the case, theres no need for a freakin gun. Think he did it to show off to some chick explorer in the car. Fucker even cuffed me and put in the backseat and for what?

oh stop bitching... :upyours

IF i was a cop, which i have considered, I'd have my gun out almost 24/7. Take the time to think about it from his point of view. He hits his lights you punks pull over in a driveway and all hop out, i'd be ready to "shoot to kill" as well, just in case you guys hopped out the car ready to jump me or kill me. Its not like he knew u were at ur destination. WHY the hell would u jump out the car after getting pulled over? or were u just already getting out before the cop rolled up?

nitrotc3drifter said:
a 12 gauge sawed off shotgun and pointed it at us. it was in public so i knew that they wouldnt shoot it off, and i just stood there and told them to go home,

:lao Stop fronting, u didnt tell anyone to go home after the gun came out. Sounds like u have idiots in ur neighborhood, be safe. If you ever need a weapon head up here to NC, ill do u right.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Relegating your personal safety and self defense to any law enforcement agency is silly. So is being mad that they were not there to protect you, or able to respond to your call immediately.

·
Registered
471 Posts
agree with most of the posts here

IF the threat was gone by the time you called.. then the call is no longer in progress.. and takes back seat to things in progress.. such as women calling in and saying theyre getting beat to death, then the phone lines going dead. Or people calling and saying there is currently someone stealing their car, or breaking into their house....

there are only so many cops to go around, deal with it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts