Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a day... On my way to work, noticed the bike started feeling a little strange then I hear a noise getting louder and louder, like a truck was approaching from behind. When I looked around and no one was near, I pretty much knew what happened so I pulled to the side of the road (Garden State Parkway in NJ), and the rear tire was FLAT. Not just low on air, but completely, totally flat.

I was about a mile from my exit, so I walked with the bike idling, hoping a cop wouldn't show up and tell me I would have to get it towed or some other BS. Made it to the exit, found a gas station and tried to put some air in it, but it leaked out nearly as fast as I could put it in. Ended up walking/pushing it about 3 miles to a friend's house. Luckily the tire needed to be replaced anyway, and I had a new one at home just waiting for the time to put it on (which I just finished doing).

Since I was going straight, I'm surprised whatever I ran over didn't get the front tire. The beads didn't pop off on the rear, so it stayed fairly controllable but just really mushy. Does anyone have any experience with a front going flat? Just wondering how controllable it would be, because with the size of the hole and how quickly the air leaked out, it couldn't have been more than about 3 seconds from puncture to completely flat. That doesn't give you much time to react...

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
flats suck!!! I've had to replace my rear tire three times in the last two months. Never had a front tire get a flat though.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
That's a real bummer and no front flats for me either.

This link is for next time.I have one and have used it.(not a 3 mile walk for me sometimes,more like a 100 most of the time)

Stop and Go Tubeless Tire Repair Kits
http://www.chadstoolbox.com/stopngo.html

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
21 natas said:
I've had to replace my rear tire three times in the last two months. .
Geez man.. where do you ride??? I've never had a flat tire in 10 years on a bike.. (knock on wood)..
I'll be pissed if I get one tonight...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts