Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my baby is sitting in the garage wasting away :a2

I'm 5 months preggo, and I'm faced with the fact that I may have to sell her.
My hubby promised that I would be able to upgrade in a year or two, but I've heard all the horror stories that those who sell don't end up getting a new one until the rug rat is 18.

It's killing me know since I haven't ridden since early April, I can't imagine more than 2 freaking years.

HELP...any suggestions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Why do you feel like you'd have to sell her? Is finding the time to ride an issue? Are you still paying for her or is she nearly paid off? If money is not a factor, keep her. You'll find the time to ride once you have your baby. You're right - if you sell, you will find that the baby is a priority and will probably tell yourself that you can't justify buying yourself a new toy when you've got diapers, formula, and college to think of.

Congratulations on your upcoming addition, though! :) Children are wonderful. Let us know how it all works out.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
First of all congrats on your baby coming!!! I don't think you have to sell her and never see one till so much later.....I am with vfr rider--you will find time after the baby is here--it may not be as much as now but it's an activity like any other that will take a back seat to the baby.

If you can "afford" to keep the bike then I think you should...just have hubby ride it now and then to keep it from being still too long!

I wish you the best of luck and let us know what you are deciding ;)

·
Registered
731 Posts
My mother did ride with me till she was in 7 or 8 month, every body called her crazy etc, but look... Since I was tiny I allways loved bikes and I "instinctly" knew how it feels on a bike, and when I first rode one it was just like that. So, its good for the child :D and any way u will find SOME time to ride, maybe not as much as before but still....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks... bikes paid off. Don't know if we'll need the money yet, but the idea of getting a ducati as an upgrade is REALLY appealing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zyankaly said:
My mother did ride with me till she was in 7 or 8 month, every body called her crazy etc, but look... Since I was tiny I allways loved bikes and I "instinctly" knew how it feels on a bike, and when I first rode one it was just like that. So, its good for the child :D and any way u will find SOME time to ride, maybe not as much as before but still....

Man, doesn't sound like she had leathers though. my ballistic pants are just a weeeee bit tight now. Haven't even tried on my jacket lately, that probably won't fit either. :a2

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Don't even think about selling it!!!

The bike is paid, so you could uninsure it and store it to cut expenses while you can't ride. But don't think about selling it, and don't even try to justify it with a "future upgrade".

Baby = expensive

If you have extra money, like the money from selling your bike, you're going to spend it on the baby and after a couple of months you won't have your current bike nor the future upgrade and then you won't get another bike till the rugrat is gone because they are expensive ALL THE TIME and as they grow they just get more expensive!!! :eek
Just think about how your budget will be with the aded expenses of the baby, less money to save for a new bike, so it will take you a long time just to replace the current bike, don't even think about the duc.

Try to fasten your belts and do with your income, that is also a little bit of self discipline.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Don't sell your first baby hun.. you'll hate yourself for it later. You may not have alot of time to ride now, and after the baby is born. But you'll have time to ride eventually. But get the weeone used to bikes. Maybe you'll have yourself a little racer?! :D And CONGRATS on the baby!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Don't sell your bike, imo you will surely regret it soon after the baby is born. Trust me on this one, on the days you have a chance to get away for just an hour or so from your new-born, you will be on that bike in a heart beat.
I rode my dirt bike and my horse right up to the last day of my pregnancy. I didn't do any hard riding on either, but just to know that I could was all I needed.

Good luck ~ and hang on to that bike, even if you don't ride for awhile, just going out to the garage and looking at it will keep you sane!

:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Baby's are cute and cuddley!
But sometime it can get overwhelming
And you'll need a break!
And your love for the ride will come in handy.
To take a MOMMY BREAK!!!!!!

HAPPY BABY
LOT"S OF LOVE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts