Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lookin for somethin else I came across all my 2002 - 2004 IOM CD's !!! WoooHooo made em into DVD's and watchin em on the big screen with 6.1 is :popcorn

Soon as it finishes uploading it will get a link in here. A nearly complete lap of the Island on David Jefferies teamates bike Ian Duffers(sp?) It was a trick to get all the bits and put it together... course good 'ol WiNhOeZ didnt help at all.

It had to freeze and lock twice. The second time it had me doing this :comp after I screamed and swore at the box a bit :boid it finally worked all the way to the end... and were :beer again :lol

SOB MS..... The file is 18Mb decent quality and nicely fades from one cut scene into the other. Much better than the original I made years ago.

Its on YouSendIt. Dont whine if you cant get the file. You will ned to try again as they only allow a set number of downloads a hour...

Short tribute to David Jefferies http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/211833//David Jefferies 2003 IOM.avi

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=323NQNRUFOR912FX4QI8A64QN4

Check it out.... and HOLD ON !!! It's a Helluva Ride!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've seen clips of that race before and every time I see it I think what the hell would possess someone to want to ride that course.

Oh, by the way, thanks for the vid KH! :phatyo

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
I've seen clips of that race before and every time I see it I think what the hell would possess someone to want to ride that course.
Pick up "One Man's Island", you may still not understand, but it should make you aware of the method to the apparent madness.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ +10 it's a sickness...... technically called ADDITCION, often misdiagonesed by "professionals" as sucidal tendencys..... IOM is THE race. It seperates the mouths from the real men. Never in its history has it been won by a "mouth" = <media heros> why is that? Some claim it's the factorys saying they dont want to risk there hi $$ investment.... Uh sure. Use your fat wallet as the excuse....

Go ask the Duc man from a few years back.... (no not our Ducman, the Real Ducman aka Carl Fogerty) he will set you straight.... he tried and told the truth. He was scared shitless!!! <--- thats why Rossi and the "boys" dont go there... too embarrased to ride with the pee stains on the leathers :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
415 Posts
excuse my ignorance.....

what's so special about that race?

·
Registered
318 Posts
My brother has OMI and I have watched it. I can see where people get like that guy and have that as their goal in life. I can even see going over there and riding the actual course at sane speeds or biking it like the guy did. What I can't see is flying down the road where the simplest screw up at best puts you in the hospital for a month and worst is thanks for all the fun, see ya in the next life.

I can appreciate the course and bow down to the people that race it, but not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Great little vid ya got there KH and I agree,there's nothing like IOM racing,just str8 up balls to the walls catch me if you can.

·
Nihongo Hanaseruzo!
1,465 Posts
I was biting my nails just watching that. Holy shit. Those guys have serious balls.

·
Registered
168 Posts
thats amazing... pretty much one slipup and your gone in those conditions.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tep, no bullshit "oh next year you can only run 800cc's bla bla" moto GP rubbisg...IOM rules, come on over, if ya kill yerself well send the bits home in a nice pine box an put yer name on the plaque in town square. :dblthumb

·
sacrilicious
752 Posts
IOM is so my speed. love to watch, maybe compete someday.

just like the hill climb rallye's. you slip up, and it's all over. as far as i'm concerned, you complete that event, you freaking win. that's it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts