Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
How bad was it?

I'd assume atleast 10 over. If so, get a lawyer. Down here in NC, lawyers can get you out of about anything 100% if it's less than around 30 over. Normally, it gets reduced to faulty or improper equipment, with no liscense or insurance points. Cost of the lawyer varies from $125 to $500, depending on how serious a violation.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
+1 on the lawyer. I haven't had to do this yet, so hopefully I won't at all :cheers

·
Registered
333 Posts
FZR600R said:
Got my 1st speeding ticket here in Pa. Need some advice on how to deal with it.

Call me crazy...but aren't there instructions for paying it on the back? It's not like you need therapy or anything, right?

·
Registered
150 Posts
yeah you might want to give some details if you want advice lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
why do peple make such big deals over a ticket
you get a traffic violation.well then you pay it unless you weren't really at fault.
if you speed 10 and cop says you did 10 over well when you get home you take that ticket write a check and mail it right in...if you were doing 10 over and cops gives you shit and says it was 15 well then you try to fight it...
simple
why get lawyer if you are at fault and ticket is 30-50bucks

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Points against insurance, usually, REDcbr. The laywer, in my eyes, isn't to get rid of the violation. It's a bargaining chip to haggle points away from my reccord. If you play the game, you're going to pay for the game. But haggling is fair in my book.

·
Registered
17 Posts
have only gotten one ticket and that was in the first yr of car license...
now that i'm on bikes last few years a cop has not yet caught up to me to hand me the violation.lol.
but i am sure it will happen sometime so and i will prob. cry just like you guys..and try to do something about it...

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Advice:

Pay it. Run next time.

That's $10.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
A little more info?

Watch he was wheeling past a cop with his middle finger up, going 85 in a school zone. If so, take it like a man :lol

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Man up and pay the fine..........you knew what you was doing.

·
Registered
422 Posts
hell no do not pay it, if it is your first ticket get a lawyer, turst you will not be a man when you insurance goes up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts