Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in the market for a camera to use in my car, and on my bike, and anywhere else that seems awesome...maybe ven to record family bike rides.

Anyways the GoPro is a nice setup, but lacks the GPS track stuff that I think is cool about the Contour. It also lacks the blue tooth viewer that you can use to see where your camera is aimed. However, the Go Pro seems to have better reviews on audio and video quality.

I feel I have summed up the comparison between the two pretty nicely.(Feel free to correct me or comment though!!!)

I am looking to spend no more than about $250-$300 at most.

Am I missing some other comparable/worthy options?

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
GoPro HD3 Silver.

WTF do you need GPS for? The GoPro you can use your phone for a screen. I haven't tested this yet since I have the LCD Backpack, but I believe it works.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
An iphone actually has image stability software, which the gopro lacks. Check out Optrix.com and you will be impressed.

- John
Except the GoPro is better quality than that. And if you break it, you're out of a phone too.

OP: Honestly, I don't think the GoPro can be beat yet. The contour comes the closest, but for the price, the GoPro is still better.

I looked heavily into the Contour's and the Drift cameras before getting my GoPro, but they just weren't as good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts