Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
trackdaymag.com also did a write up on the mounts as well.

the GoPro wraps can be purchased through Popshadowdecals.com
They also make all kinds of stickers and wraps for most late model bikes.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Do want!

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Me, too. I'm at Daytona this weekend and getting through tech with a GoPro mount on the front is getting harder and harder. But there's a few guys running this mount without any issue, so I'm hoping to find one in the next 2 days.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I want one for the street. The left mirror is useless anyway.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
The guy that makes them, is a member of Sportbike Tracktime, and he uses them without incident.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
If it only wasn't such a PITA to remove the mirrors off the GSX-R. On the CBR 600 it was very easy, allen wrench, two bolts, done. Always took them off at the track. But on the GSX-R you have to fish out the cable to connect the turn signal from behind the speedometer...

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
You can do the same thing with a standard GoPro tripod mount and an appropriate length bolt. That's what I have on my track bike. Most trackday orgs still require a tether as well so I just safety wire it too.
That's what I do, I just safety wire it, but I have a metric ton of rubber tubing I can put over it, so it doesn't scratch anything.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
If it only wasn't such a PITA to remove the mirrors off the GSX-R. On the CBR 600 it was very easy, allen wrench, two bolts, done. Always took them off at the track. But on the GSX-R you have to fish out the cable to connect the turn signal from behind the speedometer...
Seriously?

it's in behind the speedo?

jesus. . .the aftermarket ones I got (which were for a GSXR600) came with wiring and connector that was maybe 3" longer than the mirror stalk. you unbolted the stalk, pull the mirror up/out, and then unclipped the connector when it became exposed. was very easy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am waiting for some to make a mount that attached to the OEM ohlins Steering Damper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I want one of these but I really want a mount that shows the bike as perspective. I am probably going to work on a mount for my steering stabilizer because I don't trust the go-pro adhesive mount on a curved service.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts