Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, a bit of a cockup for me on this trip. I am using my gopro for the first time outside the middle east and a lot of my riding videos are fogging up. Outside of the inserts you can get, any home remedies I can try?

I'm in Budapest at the moment and don't see a bike shop to stop or any place that would have this type of stuff.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Have you tried rain-x? What case configuration are you running?

Try and make sure there isn't too much of a temp drop between the Go Pro and the surface of the shell. If it's the fully enclosed shell, then try and make sure you aren't running the Go Pro before going out where temps are going to be cold. The fully enclosed set up traps a lot of heat.

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't been able to find any rain-x out here. I tried some silicone based shoe polish at the hotel and it is a little bit better, but stilll there.

It is definitely the temp differential with the camera filming combined with the 45-50 degree rainy weather. I see it more if we are slabbing it, but even on the curvy back roads where we are going slower it is present. I am keeping my eye out for an autoparts store to see if I can find something. I will be in Poland in about two days and can speak the language so it may be easier to find something there.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
If you are using the waterproof back door, that's your issue. You are putting the GoPro in the housing with too much humidity in the air. Temp lowers which causes condensation/fogging.

Try some of the desiccant stuff in there and/or only putting the GoPro in the housing when you are in an air conditioned room.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts