Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you hear about the google glass? Its basiclly glasses with a heads up display and a camera on it that takes a picture every five seconds to google. Basiclly google is turning everyone intro roving little google earth bans. If you live in a city you will not be able to walk around without being photographed...this article explains it better Why life through Google Glass should be for our eyes only - CNN.com

and heres a petition if you want to do anything about it

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
1. I'm not a fan of Google Glasses, but I think the technology is awesome.
2. Who cares if your picture is taken. You're in public, there is no expectation of privacy.
3. Terrible first post.
try photographing or videotaping the police and see if you don't end up in jail....

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
the tech is awesome and remember, you have the friggin choice to buy it, turn it off, ban it from your private party, etc. So STFU and let progress march onward and over you.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I am awaiting google helmet. A HUD for bike telemetry, Navigation, etc.

When I drove a Corvette, I rarely looked at my dashboard because most everything I needed was in the HUD.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
try photographing or videotaping the police and see if you don't end up in jail....
why would you end up in jail, it's not illegal.
Varies state by state. Also, audio recordings vary by state to state.
Some places it is illegal; most places it is not if you take a couple simple precautions. Which, of course, doesn't necessarily mean you won't wind up in jail; they can get testy if you challenge their authority. Fortunately this issue is being pushed forward in the courts in various places, and it is mostly being decided on the right side (in favor of the recordings). A friend of mine has a lawsuit pending on it right now. She was arrested for legally recording the police. Her court case about the arrest was decided in her favor, and she is suing for damages.

PhilB

Reactions: Mr.Sin and Whymista

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Many states have laws stating you can record someone without their knowledge so long as at least one person on the recording knows they are being recorded. However walking around with glasses would mean the wearer isn't technically actually being recorded, so I don't know how they would interpret that. Probably wouldn't be an issue until someone tries to use it as evidence in court.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
You don't there are plenty of websites dedicated to people who do this on a daily basis.

And if they do theres always the news

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Varies state by state. Also, audio recordings vary by state to state.
Videotaping in public really doesn't vary from state to state. It's legal in all states.

Audio taping, in a few states, requires all-party consent if there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Yeah, but other states are two party consent. Meaning they have to agree to being recorded.
Audio only, not video.

Video in public places where there is no reasonable expectation of privacy is allowed in every state without all-party consent. Just as photography is. (Note that this does not apply to federal facilities).

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Audio only, not video.

Video in public places where there is no reasonable expectation of privacy is allowed in every state without all-party consent. Just as photography is. (Note that this does not apply to federal facilities).
And yet DHS and other police forces have been known to harass and even arrest people in public places for taking pictures of bridges or certain buildings. Just because it is legal doesn't automatically mean they won't kick your ass. The best defense is to know your rights and the law wherever you are, and stand up for those, politely, but firmly. Say very little or nothing; call your lawyer if they step over the line.

PhilB

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
The thing that always got me about this is that the evidence that cops illegally seized your shit... is on your illegally seized shit... how the fuck do you prove it?

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
And yet DHS and other police forces have been known to harass and even arrest people in public places for taking pictures of bridges or certain buildings. Just because it is legal doesn't automatically mean they won't kick your ass. The best defense is to know your rights and the law wherever you are, and stand up for those, politely, but firmly. Say very little or nothing; call your lawyer if they step over the line.

PhilB
Sure, but not a single person has been convicted of simply taking pictures of a bridge. Because it's legal (unless the bridge is on federal property).

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
The thing that always got me about this is that the evidence that cops illegally seized your shit... is on your illegally seized shit... how the fuck do you prove it?
How do you prove that a man who punched you with no witnesses punched you?

Some crimes simply can't be proven.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
How do you prove that a man who punched you with no witnesses punched you?

Some crimes simply can't be proven.
An act that can't be proven is different from an act that could be proven but they won't let you do so.

PhilB

Reactions: Mr.Sin
1 - 19 of 19 Posts