Sport Bikes banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
hey not 1st .. 4th ... FZ6 was my 3rd .. b4 that I had 110 and 160 cc bikes in India .. lots of fun ..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sprint St sold but missed

Just got a e-mail about updating my thread so here it goes:

Sold my Sprint ST in March 2008 -- traded it for a Ducati Monster S2R 1000.

Sprint ST Pros-Great bike overall. I had no mechanical problems and it rode well, had plenty of power, and the 5 gallon tank allowed lots of miles between fill-ups. My wife rode with me occasionaly but I spent 95% of the time riding solo, so two up comfort was not that important to me.

Sprint ST Cons- I live in Florida and the bike radiates ALOT of heat. It was uncomfortable at times especially when sitting idling in traffic. The bike is also fairly heavy and maneuvering it around inside the slopping greasy parking garage at work was awkward (I had to get off it and push/pull it -- was occasionally afraid I was going to drop it if I tried to maneuver while seated).
Lastly- the boards for triumph bikes (here and triumph rat) are dead. Few posts and few mods discussed-- so little feeling of community compared to other model bikes.

·
Registered
839 Posts
That's too bad. But at least you are up on two's still. The Duc is a nice choice. Don't agree with the Triumph Rat site being dead but I guess that is subjective. Dood luck with the monster I'm sure it will keep a smile on your face.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
friend of mine just traded his '06 FZ6, which he really liked, for a new RED '08 Sprint ST and couldn't be happier.

Says the suspension and low-end torque of the Sprint are much better than the FZ6, of course.

The red Sprint is a beauty of a bike.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts