Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a criagslist ad for 4 factory wheels with tires for $200. I had been needing a replacement wheel for a while and never found one that wasnt prices something crazy. SO i bough the set, figure I can sell the rest for 40 - 50$

The tires on them are OK. two of the tires are in good condition. and the other two are useless and need to me thrown away. The good tires from the front are Good Year Eagle GS-C 245/50 Z16

is that a Z rated tire or not. I looked them up and I keep finding GS-C EMT which i think may be a different tire. I am weary of the life span i can get out of z rated tires. but for now my current rubber on the car has 30K miles left minimum.

either way. I now have 3 Wheels for sale if anyone is interesting in dealing with shipping charges. Its the stock 97 SN95 wheel(s).

also they say TPC spec III 2 what does that even mean. I dont think they make these tires anymore. Maybe I dont want to drive on them if they have been in storage for 3 or 4 years. I need to inspect them better in the sunlight.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that but didnt know if it was some tricky wording trying to make the tire look cooler than it really.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
:nanaparty

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
I saw that but didnt know if it was some tricky wording trying to make the tire look cooler than it really.
No. the way a manufacturer lists the tire size is dictated by SAE, they are not allowed to add or modify that piece of information. If they did they probably would not be able to get DOT approval for their tire.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why is Z the only type printed like that my current H rated tired dont say H rated on them anywhere

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
it should follow the sizing in a form of "##H"

Tire Tech Information - Tire Size Guide

Speed Rating

Today, the only tires that continue to include the speed rating "in" the tire size (P225/50ZR16) are Z-speed rated tires. In this case, following the two digits used to identify the aspect ratio are the letters ZR to identify the tire's speed rating (Z) and its internal construction (R). Since 1991, all other speed ratings are identified in the tire's Service Description (which will be covered shortly).
Service Description

P225/50R16 91S

The 91S represents the tire's Service Description. A Service Description identifies the tire's Load Index and Speed Rating. Service Descriptions are required on all speed rated (except for Z-speed rated) tires manufactured since 1991. For more information on Service Descriptions, click here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts