Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Light it up! Light it up!
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had an awesome ride today. rode a few roads the group has never been on before and they were really nice. hardly any traffic and we had no trouble at all.

it was a beautiful day, about 80 degress. there were tons of other riders out. even lane shared with a harley for a little bit. talked to a group of other riders at one of our stops. they turned out to be really nice.

all in all a good day! and i thought i'd pad the ol' post count a bit ;) :twofinger

did you ride today? tell Mucho about it :nice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,759 Posts
I rode around my neighborhood for about an hour yesterday:) It was nice, I am really feeling comfortable on the bike so i had fun, that should count as a good ride even if i didn't leave the area, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Mucho Gonzales said:
had an awesome ride today. rode a few roads the group has never been on before and they were really nice. hardly any traffic and we had no trouble at all.

it was a beautiful day, about 80 degress. there were tons of other riders out. even lane shared with a harley for a little bit. talked to a group of other riders at one of our stops. they turned out to be really nice.

all in all a good day! and i thought i'd pad the ol' post count a bit ;) :twofinger

did you ride today? tell Mucho about it :nice

Today I woke up early to realize the roads were still wet from the past week of monsoon-like weather here in Knoxville. Regardless, I've seen motorcyclists riding around in their rain gear for the Honda Hoot all week long. Anyway, I eventually left my house and went riding. Around my city this week there has been a huge number of motorcycles. I've seen exotic sport bikes, custom choppers, packs of Goldwings sporting their microphone equipped helmets, and also cruisers all decked out in neon lights and other flashly accessories.

Anyway, today was the last day of the Honda Hoot. They closed off a main street downtown for the "Saturday Night on the Town Street Party." It was pretty sweet!

:cool:
 

·
Light it up! Light it up!
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, i forgot to add that i saw a fox on the way home real close to where i live. no, not a hot curb monkey :D, an animal fox. never seen one before in the wild.

Ca$h said:
I rode around my neighborhood for about an hour yesterday It was nice, I am really feeling comfortable on the bike so i had fun, that should count as a good ride even if i didn't leave the area, lol.
yeah, but you're not allowed to ride on the streets are you? that's good practice tho. keep it up!

Orange said:
Anyway, today was the last day of the Honda Hoot. They closed off a main street downtown for the "Saturday Night on the Town Street Party." It was pretty sweet!
that sounds like an awesome time!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,141 Posts
Well I got out for 15 mins to pickup my wife a little something for her birthday.. but then had to get back home to get ready for someone elses party.. man i shouldnt have gotten on that bike.. what a tease :)
 

·
Light it up! Light it up!
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GSXRGUY said:
Yeah, I rode today, but not for long. GSXRGUY needs new tires :(
i'm looking forward to the time when i have to get new tires. i don't like the dunlops on my bike, but they are better than the 207's i had on the other bike. i'd like to try a different brand of tire.

Fred said:
what a tease :)
LOL!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,390 Posts
I rode about 250 miles today. I made a stop at the local track and watched a little bit of racing. Then I got to ride to the suburbs of Chicago and return some merchandise to a bike dealer down there. Riding a lot of roads I've never been on before usually makes for a good day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I went on my first canyon ride ever :D. I just got my 99 GSXR600 this May with brand new rear tires. We went through the many different canyons off Kanan and Mulholland. When I started my ride today I still had my titty stubs on the sides of my tires but by the end of the day, they were all gone. In fact the only virgin part of my rear was about 1/2 cm off the edge. I still have a great deal to learn but I can really say that I learned a great deal today. I started off really slow and even went over the double yellow yellow line of death a couple times (lucky no cars). It was just me overcoming my fear of sliding and not trusting my tires. Once I mustered the strength to overcome my fears, I did a lot better.

My tip for today, just start slow and within 75% of your capabilities and you will learn to grow and trust in your machines. Before you know it, you will be going faster and faster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Aaack, I'm itching for a real ride. All I've been doing on my bike is commuting.. my tires are gonna be flat like car tires if I keep this up any longer :(
 

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
Undisputed said:
I went on my first canyon ride ever :D. I just got my 99 GSXR600 this May with brand new rear tires. We went through the many different canyons off Kanan and Mulholland. When I started my ride today I still had my titty stubs on the sides of my tires but by the end of the day, they were all gone. In fact the only virgin part of my rear was about 1/2 cm off the edge. I still have a great deal to learn but I can really say that I learned a great deal today. I started off really slow and even went over the double yellow yellow line of death a couple times (lucky no cars). It was just me overcoming my fear of sliding and not trusting my tires. Once I mustered the strength to overcome my fears, I did a lot better.

My tip for today, just start slow and within 75% of your capabilities and you will learn to grow and trust in your machines. Before you know it, you will be going faster and faster.

I so wanna make it out west for a canyon ride sometime.... nothing like that here in fl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,767 Posts
it's been doing nothing but raining today but I'm going out riding anyways as I'm starting to get cabin fever
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Naughty76 said:
I so wanna make it out west for a canyon ride sometime.... nothing like that here in fl

Trust me if you do make it out here, you will NOT be disappointed. The twisties range from easy super fast turns to really technical decreasing radius turns. Plus they spit you out right at the beach!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
I slept late and missed the group. (We usually meet at a Diner...). So I went out anyways on the route I figured they would take... Well.... They didn't go that way, cos they would have taken a break sooner or later and I would have caught them.

Oh well - Solo'd 300 miles anyways, and enjoyed a BEEE-YOOO-TEEE-FUL day. Hit some of my favorites before lunch, and went exploring after. Found a road I'll want to hit again!

I usually ride with a buddy, but any riding is better than not... Turned into one of those nice flow~ey days where you're not rushed and everything just seems to work ever so smoothly. I told myself that since I was solo, I wouldn't push the envelope, but saw the edges of my tires a couple times, anyways. Not in a real aggressive way - Merely the result of that being the logical extension of the pace I was running. And I never felt like I didn't have another notch or two left over the whole day.

Hell... Even the two deer I had to brake to avoid were kind enough to walk out into the street with plenty of notice!!! Nice.

Might just have to "arrange" solo rides more often!

Scott :cool:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top