Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Makes me kinda want to get on there, and rip them and their club a new asshole. Maybe their are a few cool people over there, but I just don't know. A lot of real jackasses also.

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ice_Hole said:
Makes me kinda want to get on there, and rip them and their club a new asshole. Maybe their are a few cool people over there, but I just don't know. A lot of real jackasses also.

- Ice_Hole

Did I miss something here????? one biker helps another biker that makes us Jackasses?????? Check your gear soldier I think your wires are crossed :angry

·
Registered
529 Posts
No, it isn't the post that is there. It is personal experience with your club.

I am not flameing any of the people in that post. Just experience with your club. And you can't say that these individuals don't represent the rest of you. Their were 12 of them, yes, count it 12, that is more fingers than I have on 2 hands. ALL of them past up the oppertunity to help out 2 other riders they had just met up with a mere 20 minutes before. It wasn't a matter of not seeing thoes other 2 rides, it wasn't a matter of not haveing time. It was just a check on the integrity of thoes members. And I have to admit, they are a VERY poor representation of your club.

If your members followed any of these ethics you try to promote with your club, even in the remotest way possible, it would be no big deal. But I see a lot of people willing to talk like they are the best stuff around, and willing to do whatever, but when reality hits, I see them drivein away. R6 here, ZX-10 here, 636 there, GSXR 1000, R-1... etc. (Don't feel like trying to list 12 people's bikes here.) It leaves a sour taste in my mouth, to think that 12 members of a club intended to give themselves and sportbikers in general a good name not even stop for ex-prospective members. (Not that at the time we were even remotely looking at trying to join the said club.)

I honestly do not want to be associated with sincity sportbikes. Not that I don't like a lot of the members there, or that you all are just a joke in my book. But a lot of you have just proved to be jackasses. I just prefer to stick with my group where if somone falls and breaks a leg (say tibula and fibula), they will turn around, and help this rider out. Even put off some rideing to help that member out. Hell, they don't even have to be a "member" of this club, just be there, and want to ride.

If you are in too much of a hurry on a pleasure ride that you can't stop and see if everything is ok for somone else, you don't belong on a sportbike. I guarentee most of the time, it takes a whole 30 seconds to stop and make sure everything is ok. And if it takes longer, it might take you 20 minutes. But what is so bad about that? 20 minutes, and you will probably gain a new rideing buddy, or at least somone's respect. Just drive by (Expecially when they know who you are) and you will lose it, and it isn't something that can be earned back easily.

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well I guess you don’t have your wires crossed after all.

I'm glad you spoke your peace.

I don’t know the details of what took place to get that "sour taste" in your mouth, so I wont even try to explain, excuse or elaborate on what happened, cuz I just don’t know. I can and will just speak for me I always try to help the next guy out because you never know when you are going to need some help yourself.

My thoughts on the subject are that the club was is was formed as a General Idea to promote safe riding and positive image for the sportbike community here in Las Vegas. I know that the core group of people are about just that. May be there are those out there that are not all about that, if there are I know why I’m a member. Just like college some are greek and some are GDI’s.

I have been riding with the club for somewhere around 8 months or so. I decided to join because in general terms the members promote safe riding, they are involved in the COC which has Lobbyist in Carson City and D.C fighting for our rights as Motorcyclist, they are involved in the local community trying to improve the image of the “sportbike”. Example the club is exploring the possibility of “adopt a highway” near Red Rock and may be doing some volunteer work at RR.,, wouldn’t it be nice to have Mr. Ranger and NHP be our friend, Xmas last year the club adopted a family and provide a Christmas to a family here in Vegas that would probably not have had a xmas. Those are some of the reasons I decided to join up and wear a Sin City Patch.

I have ridden with people from the SBN group and found them to be a great bunch of people too. Anytime anyone wants to ride my number is up on the board call me I will ride if I can. I’m not on the SBN boards to promote SCS I’m on here to ride with another groups of riders, because SBN and SCS seem to have the most active Vegas forums. (well actually it is part of my secret plan to take over the world)

Well that is my rant for today.

Stacy

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
Ice Hole,
As much as I want to agree with you, your rant leaves out important details that the rest of us have no idea what your talking about. Any chance you would care to elaberate on this just a little, with some facts? Thanks bro.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Short version: Don and Ben were out at Valley of Fire. Ben's bike was broken down. They were obviously working on the motorcycle. SCS guys rode by without stopping.

·
Registered
529 Posts
That is a good short summary.. You left off an important part though. We had just hung out with these jokers 20 minutes before.

Where we were stoped was the only light for miles.

Where we had stoped was a 15 MPH zone! (Not like it was dangerous to stop, or they flew by too quickly to even see what was going on)

We were at the ranger check point by boulder city going to lake mead. (To make it even more clear)

We had the farings off of the bike we were working on.

We Ended up resolveing our problem enough to limp home, and were not stuck there. But that is besides the point. If we did have a more serious problem, they still would not have stoped.

I know quite a few people that read here know this story and more of it's details. I knew that it being put on here, or elseware would just cause a little fit.

And to make it worse, the next day the same issue arose again. And guess what? A HARLEY rider stoped to make sure we were ok. Of course we just told him that we were fine, flagged him on, and said thank you. Was not all that hard.

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
A wave woulda been sufficient :)

oh and two rangers stopped to help as well. Nice guys too...

Im sure it was just a oversight, I just posted it because the thread i saw was all about helping people and the fellow biker blablabla kinda hit me in between the eyes there...

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
Ice_Hole said:
That is a good short summary.. You left off an important part though. We had just hung out with these jokers 20 minutes before.

Where we were stoped was the only light for miles.

Where we had stoped was a 15 MPH zone! (Not like it was dangerous to stop, or they flew by too quickly to even see what was going on)

We were at the ranger check point by boulder city going to lake mead. (To make it even more clear)

We had the farings off of the bike we were working on.

We Ended up resolveing our problem enough to limp home, and were not stuck there. But that is besides the point. If we did have a more serious problem, they still would not have stoped.

I know quite a few people that read here know this story and more of it's details. I knew that it being put on here, or elseware would just cause a little fit.

And to make it worse, the next day the same issue arose again. And guess what? A HARLEY rider stoped to make sure we were ok. Of course we just told him that we were fine, flagged him on, and said thank you. Was not all that hard.

- Ice_Hole
Fair enough, Rant on brother. That is fucked up mang. Big time.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I wasn't there, and I feel bad for your experience. I would have stopped had I been there, and even if I am a "jackass," I'd stop for you (or anyone else on 2) if they looked like they needed it.

Please do note though, that not everyone at the In and Out is an SCS rider. I've seen several people that don't belong to clubs as well as Rough Riders and members of The First Degree out there. SCS members are distinguishable by the patches on our jackets. I do understand why you make the association, and I'm going to do what I can to rectify the situation within SCS.

Sorry guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ice_Hole said:

- Ice_Hole
One of our prospects goes WAY out of his way to help a fellow rider.

You want to do what?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ice_Hole said:
No, it isn't the post that is there. It is personal experience with your club.

I am not flameing any of the people in that post. Just experience with your club. And you can't say that these individuals don't represent the rest of you. Their were 12 of them, yes, count it 12, that is more fingers than I have on 2 hands. ALL of them past up the oppertunity to help out 2 other riders they had just met up with a mere 20 minutes before. It wasn't a matter of not seeing thoes other 2 rides, it wasn't a matter of not haveing time. It was just a check on the integrity of thoes members. And I have to admit, they are a VERY poor representation of your club.

If your members followed any of these ethics you try to promote with your club, even in the remotest way possible, it would be no big deal. But I see a lot of people willing to talk like they are the best stuff around, and willing to do whatever, but when reality hits, I see them drivein away. R6 here, ZX-10 here, 636 there, GSXR 1000, R-1... etc. (Don't feel like trying to list 12 people's bikes here.) It leaves a sour taste in my mouth, to think that 12 members of a club intended to give themselves and sportbikers in general a good name not even stop for ex-prospective members. (Not that at the time we were even remotely looking at trying to join the said club.)

I honestly do not want to be associated with sincity sportbikes. Not that I don't like a lot of the members there, or that you all are just a joke in my book. But a lot of you have just proved to be jackasses. I just prefer to stick with my group where if somone falls and breaks a leg (say tibula and fibula), they will turn around, and help this rider out. Even put off some rideing to help that member out. Hell, they don't even have to be a "member" of this club, just be there, and want to ride.

If you are in too much of a hurry on a pleasure ride that you can't stop and see if everything is ok for somone else, you don't belong on a sportbike. I guarentee most of the time, it takes a whole 30 seconds to stop and make sure everything is ok. And if it takes longer, it might take you 20 minutes. But what is so bad about that? 20 minutes, and you will probably gain a new rideing buddy, or at least somone's respect. Just drive by (Expecially when they know who you are) and you will lose it, and it isn't something that can be earned back easily.

- Ice_Hole
Oh, I see what you are saying now. Your first post had nothing to do with the first post in this topic.

I was not out there, but I'll talk to the members and see if it was any of us, and we'll handle the situation internally.

You don't know how many times I've been stuck on the side of the road and recognized a non-member bike go blazing right by. I know how it feels, and I definately would have stopped, even if members of SCS kept riding.

Not everyone at In&Out are part of SCS, there are a lot of stunters that might park around us and mingle.

I must say though, I don't think that 12 members made it out last friday. I'll talk it over with the club. PM me your number, or just PM so I can remember to get back to you if it's important enough to ya. I WILL be out early this Friday, we can talk then, too.

-Lee

·
Registered
529 Posts
It was not all that reciently, was probably a month or so ago. Total I think that 10 or 11 of the people there were actually Sincity members. I could tell you who, but I won't. It isn't that important. I am not here to point fingers. I just wanted to give my account of what went on. And know what, it wasn't even my bike that had issues. I was just there, and stoped, helping a fellow rider (Ya, I did just so happen to be rideing with him).

The thing is, some people really trust thoes people in that club. and their are a lot of people you could trust. BUT, at the same time, don't think that anyone is going to even do something logical, and even ask for help when/ if you need it. You can keep a phone book full of numbers of members on you, well good luck, you will probably need it from what I have seen.

You guys are a big group, their is bound to be some bad apples. Thoes things happen. I just know I happened to meet a minimum of 10 arogant focks one night, preaching the world, but in practice, fail miserably.

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
310 Posts
ice_hole
Let me personally apologize for any SCS members, if any, that were actually involved in this incident. How exactly did you associate these people were were actually members of our club?? I ask because you mentioned that an r1 went by you guys. Well, my problem with that statement is this. There are only 2 R1s in the club. I am one of them, and i know for sure i wasnt there. The other, i can guarantee wasnt there due to extenuating circumstances with his family for the past month. So, my point is this. Just because you see some people riding around with scs stickers on there bike, or they hang out at the in-n-out, or you have seen them on a ride before, doesnt make them a member. Just like you....you were on a ride up to the dam with us once, but did that make you a member? No, and would oyu like it if others associated you as one of us jsut because rode with us once or twice?(by your post i can tell the answer is no) SO if oyu can...please give me a better description of the bikes that were involved and answer the above quesetions.

Sincerely,
Nick,
SCS ride captain

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK I am the rider that stop to help a fellow rider and a fellow person that is from my home state. I have lived in Las Vegas for about 30 years and most people from up north don't under stand the desert down south and how DANGERIOUS it can be people die from it. I was not putting the rider down he just did not under stand the desert all the riding that he has done was in the city and this was his very first long road trip and he thought he would be riding in rainy over cast weather that does not happen on that stretch of road very often and I am the type of person I LOOK OUT FOR FELLOW RIDERS.

ICE_HOLE :nutkick if you have a problem with what I did take it up with me not the group I did what I felt was right and I was disappointed in the fact that for 2 hours no one stopped to lend a hand to get him on the road and let him finish his trip ya he had some mishaps don’t we all and when these things happen we all wish that someone would stop. And the help did not stop there I will be calling him to see if he made it home yes I have his home phone number I also advised him he needs to cross that stretch of road before 8:00 am

·
Registered
529 Posts
TWISTED said:
OK I am the rider that stop to help a fellow rider and a fellow person that is from my home state. I have lived in Las Vegas for about 30 years and most people from up north don't under stand the desert down south and how DANGERIOUS it can be people die from it. I was not putting the rider down he just did not under stand the desert all the riding that he has done was in the city and this was his very first long road trip and he thought he would be riding in rainy over cast weather that does not happen on that stretch of road very often and I am the type of person I LOOK OUT FOR FELLOW RIDERS.

ICE_HOLE :nutkick if you have a problem with what I did take it up with me not the group I did what I felt was right and I was disappointed in the fact that for 2 hours no one stopped to lend a hand to get him on the road and let him finish his trip ya he had some mishaps don’t we all and when these things happen we all wish that someone would stop. And the help did not stop there I will be calling him to see if he made it home yes I have his home phone number I also advised him he needs to cross that stretch of road before 8:00 am
Man, you are an EXAMPLE, of what TO DO. I was not knocking you in any way shape or form. You are good in my book, as is SCS.

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
529 Posts
black r1 said:
ice_hole
Let me personally apologize for any SCS members, if any, that were actually involved in this incident. How exactly did you associate these people were were actually members of our club?? I ask because you mentioned that an r1 went by you guys. Well, my problem with that statement is this. There are only 2 R1s in the club. I am one of them, and i know for sure i wasnt there. The other, i can guarantee wasnt there due to extenuating circumstances with his family for the past month. So, my point is this. Just because you see some people riding around with scs stickers on there bike, or they hang out at the in-n-out, or you have seen them on a ride before, doesnt make them a member. Just like you....you were on a ride up to the dam with us once, but did that make you a member? No, and would oyu like it if others associated you as one of us jsut because rode with us once or twice?(by your post i can tell the answer is no) SO if oyu can...please give me a better description of the bikes that were involved and answer the above quesetions.

Sincerely,
Nick,
SCS ride captain
SCS is semi organized about their Friday rides at In-N-Out. Most of the people there are part of your club in some way, shape or form, and are reflecting on the image of your club. It doesn't matter if they were full fledged members or not, they were there, rideing with your club, as part of that ride. Your club is about trying to make an image, an image which takes everyone in the group to play a part in. This isn't about just some ramdom people that past by, it is about people being associated DIRECTLY with SCS, and their actions. Most of the bikes there had SCS stickers, and their were a few patches. But even thoes riders that were not "Official" members, still are there, still part of the rideing group, and still reflect on you as a club.

I have rode with you guys, and had a great time, and been on some good rides. When I am with you on thoes rides, even as an outsider who is not even remotely a prospect for your club, I am still contributeing to your club's image. And as such, I can give your club a bad image, not even as an official member of your club. So that is a moot point.

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ice_Hole said:
Man, you are an EXAMPLE, of what TO DO. I was not knocking you in any way shape or form. You are good in my book, as is SCS.

- Ice_Hole
Thanks I always try to do what is right.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
black r1 said:
ice_hole

Sincerely,
Nick,
SCS ride captain
I read this and notice you guys are quite concerned about the reputation and good standing of your club. Thats cool that you are looking to rectify the situation internally about what went on and such. We really arent looking to participate in an all out investigation about who was there. I can tell you it was more than ten riders from the in-n-out, thats about it. Don may not have been pointing directly at you mr blackr1 as being a scs member involved. We did go to in-n-out at 9 and waited to hang and go for a nice friday night ride a month ago and instead of hangin out, ice and i rode to the lake and my fuse blew. No problem, but the same group from in-n-out passed us by without a wave. :( Maybe its just a coincidence and all those riders are non members as you say but nontheless the irony is there. is in-n-out your friday hangout? was the thread in your forum about helping fellow riders? I mean it was enough for me to get a chuckle. Not an all out barrage of he did/she did crap... If you got a problem with the statement, well not much i have to say to you man. im sure your a great guy. I mean im sure not one of those people were representing your group in any way while i was laying under my bike pullin off my pop rivets watching them ride by... Call it guilt by association or whatever, i mean it was a prospect that did the good deed and not even a member of your scs group in that thread i linked to. The link to the thread was not a direct factual reference to a member acting hypocritical or anything. It just so happened to be in your forum. I dont think Don or I wanna be a part of your guys inquisition is really what im saying. If I did i woulda took it up with you guys at the time. Its a big group you got and hats off to your jobs keeping it going and such.

Im done with my 2 cents. no drama please. :cheers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts