Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, im a rap(biggie Smalls, 2pac, ice cube, cypress hill, dilated peoples etc...), rock(audioslave, Rage against the machine, P.O.D etc...) and metal(Chimaira, Static x, mudvayne, killswitch engage etc...)fan myself. What do you guys like?

and also can anyone recommend any bands similar to Killswitch engage or other good metal bands. i have really got into KSE and i am lovin the new system of a down album as well.

·
Registered
169 Posts
From Classical to true Metal (no nu-metal [email protected])... I also like Death/Black/Grind...

·
Registered
896 Posts
Rachmaninoff, Shostakovich, Chopin, Bach, Philip Glass, Danny Elfman, Fernando Sor, Heitor Villa-Lobos, Agustin Barrios.

But then, I'm a classical musician :)

I am film score fan as well. As mentioned I love Danny Elfman, but I also enjoy John Williams, Elliot Goldenthal, Carter Burwell, and Hans Zimmer.
As for popular music...the Beatles, Rush, the Cure, They Might Be Giants, the Doors, Jeff Buckley, Ours, and the Flaming Lips. I've also really gotten into this duo from San Francisco called Two Gallants..sort of like Dylan but more rocking. Incredible lyrics and really well thought-out music as well. They seem to understand the magic of dynamics, which so many modern pop artists are lacking.

In addition to that I have a rather healthy collection of metal ranging from Iron Maiden, Helloween, and King Diamond to Slayer, Death, Cradle of Filth, and Morbid Angel, and everything in between. As for newer bands, In Flames is pretty good. It's kind of sad that I have nearly two thousand cds, but everyday I walk over to the cd wall and think "you know, I really have nothing to listen to." I think that when you are surrounded by music all day every day, silence becomes a treasured thing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I saw the Doors up there.... :dblthumb

my favorite genre at the moment is Industrial/EBM (NIN, Assemblage 23, God Module, Haujobb, KMFDM, VNV Nation)
Though I'll listen to most sub categories in the techno genre. IDM, Trance, House, Acid house, synthpop, etc.... Favorites in those genres would be: Tiesto, Iio, Ian Van Dahl (she's also gorgeous!!), Autechre, Soul Avengerz, Depeche Mode, Lords of Acid.
Other notable bands: CCR, Van Morrison, Sublime, Alice in Chains, Godsmack, Garbage...just to name a few.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
sorry to say the new SOD sux as bad as there link (zelda) song release a couple years ago that i cant beleive they did, cethar rocks though. but your forgetting the G-UNIT

·
Registered
896 Posts
GixxerGirlRD said:
I saw the Doors up there.... :dblthumb

my favorite genre at the moment is Industrial/EBM (NIN, Assemblage 23, God Module, Haujobb, KMFDM, VNV Nation)
Though I'll listen to most sub categories in the techno genre. IDM, Trance, House, Acid house, synthpop, etc.... Favorites in those genres would be: Tiesto, Iio, Ian Van Dahl (she's also gorgeous!!), Autechre, Soul Avengerz, Depeche Mode, Lords of Acid.
Other notable bands: CCR, Van Morrison, Sublime, Alice in Chains, Godsmack, Garbage...just to name a few.

Good choices. I also like KMFDM(Adios is probably my favorite) and Autechre...have you listened to the Faint or Aphex Twin?

·
Nihongo Hanaseruzo!
1,465 Posts
Aphex Twin is great. Been listening to his stuff for a long time.

Good mention of In Flames! And if you like those guys, check out Soilwork too. They are both from Sweden and have pretty much the same sound.

Another strong reccomendation if you like any kind of heavy rock...RISE AGAINST. Hard, but not hardcore. Great band.

·
Registered
181 Posts
ServoR6 said:
Good choices. I also like KMFDM(Adios is probably my favorite) and Autechre...have you listened to the Faint or Aphex Twin?
Aphex Twin most definitely, haven't heard the Faint but will check them out. As for KMFDM I'd have to say Anarchy is my favorite, but you can't go wrong with any KMFDM really. Have you heard Squarepusher?

ThePhorest said:
Good mention of In Flames! And if you like those guys, check out Soilwork too. They are both from Sweden and have pretty much the same sound.
I've only heard the song Stabbing the Drama by Soilwork but was impressed. I'll definitely check out In Flames.

·
Registered
181 Posts
ThePhorest said:
Squarepusher is Aphex Twin...same dude...different name for some reason.
:bitchslap well I certainly feel cheated. Does the same go for Polygon Window? Or is Aphex Twin at least involved in that somehow?

Tool :headbang

·
The American Stig!
317 Posts
Anything from classical to jazz to techno and metal. Anything except modern pop. My wife even has me listening to :gasp: country...

On my credit, I have her listening to metal and good rap(2pac, DMX, etc).

Favorites are Tool, A Perfect Circle, DMX, Mudvayne, and Ian van Dahl.

·
Registered
535 Posts
hmm, im all over the place with my music, like most of you seem to be...

2pac, nas, dmx, avenged sevenfold, thrice, in flames, granian, hawthorne heights, rise against, oar... only to name a few

·
Nihongo Hanaseruzo!
1,465 Posts
GixxerGirlRD said:
:bitchslap well I certainly feel cheated. Does the same go for Polygon Window? Or is Aphex Twin at least involved in that somehow?

Tool :headbang
Yeup....Polygon Window = Squarepusher = Aphex Twin

Crazy huh?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Based on what I have heard, Richard James(Aphex Twin) is a bit of an odd character. I've heard that he lives in a deserted bank vault in England, and drives a tank for his daily
transportation. In a magazine interview a couple of years ago, he was quoted as saying that he only released the album "26 Mixes For Cash" in order to pay the docking fees for a newly purchased submarine!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Try Atmosphere, slug, Athletic mic league, mr. Lif..........

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Well you can tell i'm well versed in music...i only recognized about 5 names there in all that were posted :bitchslap

·
Where's my bike???
628 Posts
robbieace said:
Try Atmosphere, slug, Athletic mic league, mr. Lif..........
You need to check out Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol I & Revolutionary Vol II! Both albums! Jeddi Mind Tricks - Visions of Gandhi & some Aesop Rock. Daylight is a pretty serious tune!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts