Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum is comatose.
Well, I attempted to upgrade my brakes on my 2000 with the Brembo gold 4 piston 4 pad brakes and PVM 03 EVO rotors, braided lines of course. I thought I was doing good too...
Then I bought an 05 R1. Good god I have found religion, braking is just as much fun as accelerating. What the hell I am much faster on the R1 through some sections because I can stop much quicker than I can on the 12. So yesterday I went and bought the Brembo R1 radial master cylinder from Graves. No screwing around, guessing, experimenting I went with the known entity. I also bought a Rizoma billet brake fluid resevoir. I am installing this shit on the 12 and hope this takes the braking on the 12 to a new level. It's a shame that a bike that accelerates as well as my 12 can't stop worth shit,
relative to the R1 of course.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so I finally got the Brembo from Graves and insralled it. It stoped raining for a bit so I took off for some evaluation runs. It worked really good. I promptly locked the front and went down. I was sliding backward on my ass and noticed my frame slider bouncing down the road behind me then I stuck and started flipping. I got up and my bike was on it's side about fifty feet further up the road. I picked it up and although the stator cover was badly gouged the bike started right up and I went home. A slight scape on the upper, the lower fairing is toast as well as the swingarm slider. Oddly the GRG mirror was not damaged.
I would have to say this is a very worthwhile mod based upon the reults I was quickly able to acheive.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
blink said:
OK, so I finally got the Brembo from Graves and insralled it. It stoped raining for a bit so I took off for some evaluation runs. It worked really good. I promptly locked the front and went down. I was sliding backward on my ass and noticed my frame slider bouncing down the road behind me then I stuck and started flipping. I got up and my bike was on it's side about fifty feet further up the road. I picked it up and although the stator cover was badly gouged the bike started right up and I went home. A slight scape on the upper, the lower fairing is toast as well as the swingarm slider. Oddly the GRG mirror was not damaged.
I would have to say this is a very worthwhile mod based upon the reults I was quickly able to acheive.
Holy shit!!! Are you kidding me?

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, the brakes are really awesome now, I was easily able to completely lock the front wheel with a single finger between 60 and 70 mph. Can't wait to fix up the bike and try out the brakes on somewhat drier road conditions. Just for some extra insurace I ordered the Schnitz billet alternator cover, just in case. The frame sliders need some re-design too although they did possibly reduce the damage, slightly. My wife said I can ride my other bike when I can do 10 deep knee bends in a row. I think I'll try tomorrow before the scabs get too crispy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts