Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday me and my friend were riding through kanan rd, which is a canyon on the way to malibu. The speed limit is 50, but the turns are not to bad and it is very easy to get going faster than that and not realize it. Well we are almost out of the canyon going about 70-80 mph. There were a few harleys in front of us going faster, and a few cars behind us keeping up. We turn a corner and lo and behold its a highway patrol on the side, lasering people coming around the corner. As soon as i saw him i slammed my brakes, as did my friend in front of me, who almost did a stoppie(which the cop saw). well he blinks his lights as we go by. Pulls out behind me. Hes riding my ass and doesnt have his lights on so im sure hes going after my friend. Well the friend has no insurance, and i was trying to stay in front of the cop long enough for him to try and run if he was going to. He had no clue! SO i change lanes let the cop go pull him over, and i stop behind the cop car. He says "is this your buddy" i say yea. He say " you have to go wait at the bottom of the hill you cant be up here" So i go down the hill 100 yrds and pray to god in the emergency lane. 30 mins later im thinking the worst, i walk up the hill a little and see the Cop driving away. MY friend rides down and i said what happend. HE said the cop said the he saw him almost bail when he saw him....lol and that he also pulled him over because his bike was a new and had no plates. HE clocked him at 80 in a 50 and let him go with a warning. He said that he doesnt like giving motorcyclists tickets, because they are just out to have fun, and their speed doesnt really effect the safety of others, because they usually crash solo. Just thought id share a positive moment with the fuzzz :beer

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
XxIcEmAnxX said:
....lol and that he also pulled him over because his bike was a new and had no plates. HE clocked him at 80 in a 50 and let him go with a warning. He said that he doesnt like giving motorcyclists tickets, because they are just out to have fun, and their speed doesnt really effect the safety of others, because they usually crash solo. Just thought id share a positive moment with the fuzzz :beer
Positive? Your buddy got lucky or the cop was in a rush. :rolleyes

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
get your dumbass buddy w/o insurance off the road!

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RACER X said:
get your dumbass buddy w/o insurance off the road!
Thats was uncalled for man, ill be the b***** person and not result to name calling. Only reason he doesnt have insurance, is because his baby got sick....he had to cancel it to afford all of her medicine. Bike is his only transportation. Think before you type.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
XxIcEmAnxX said:
Thats was uncalled for man, ill be the b***** person and not result to name calling. Only reason he doesnt have insurance, is because his baby got sick....he had to cancel it to afford all of her medicine. Bike is his only transportation. Think before you type.
Wait a minute. So he's doing his family a FAVOR by riding without insurance. Nice logic. What happens if he got bagged and jailed? How's he going to provide for his family then? Yeah, didn't think so. I'm totally agreeing with RACER on this one.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
XxIcEmAnxX said:

i did, if he ran into your car as a stranger, would you feel the same? doubt it..........if he can't afford the shit, he doesn't need to be riding. PERIOD.

no insurance is not an excuse.

you would think as his only transpo. you'd think he'd want to keep everything he could on the up and up. and other then the fact that he's got a bus system that'll tote his ass pretty much anywhere he wants to go, how about getting a bike he could afford insurance and all........and if he;s hurting for $, why's he out riding the countryside w/ you vs. working.........he needs the $ , right?

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mikem317 said:
Wait a minute. So he's doing his family a FAVOR by riding without insurance. Nice logic. What happens if he got bagged and jailed? How's he going to provide for his family then? Yeah, didn't think so. I'm totally agreeing with RACER on this one.
check that i just talked to him, he said that the finance company he went through said he was covered through them for 30 days..something like that. he just hasnt gotten any real insurance yet, because of his daughter. But besides if it was your daughter that was sick, im sure you would find bike insurance to be a priority over her. Obviously you arent a parent.

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RACER X said:
i did, if he ran into your car as a stranger, would you feel the same? doubt it..........if he can't afford the shit, he doesn't need to be riding. PERIOD.

no insurance is not an excuse.

you would think as his only transpo. you'd think he'd want to keep everything he could on the up and up. and other then the fact that he's got a bus system that'll tote his ass pretty much anywhere he wants to go, how about getting a bike he could afford insurance and all........and if he;s hurting for $, why's he out riding the countryside w/ you vs. working.........he needs the $ , right?
He cant take the bus to work or train, he works two cities over about a 30 min ride. He works six days a week and sunday is the only day to do anything for himself. If you had a daughter that was really sick, You would understand how nice it is to go out for a couple of hours to clear your head and relieve some stress. Some of you people cant empathize at all. Shit happens, if he ended up having to ride a bike without insurance for a couple of months so be it, at least hes putting his family first

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
XxIcEmAnxX said:
But besides if it was your daughter that was sick, im sure you would find bike insurance to be a priority over her. Obviously you arent a parent.
Are you fucking kidding me? You'd prioritize your bike and/or insurance over your daugher's well-being. Man, you need to be seriously bitch-slapped! :bitchslap

Give me your address so I can call Child Services! :rolleyes

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
XxIcEmAnxX said:
Shit happens, if he ended up having to ride a bike without insurance for a couple of months so be it, at least hes putting his family first
Are you fucking numb??!! You need to put your family FIRST! What planet are you from?

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
XxIcEmAnxX said:
Some of you people cant empathize at all. Shit happens, if he ended up having to ride a bike without insurance for a couple of months so be it, at least hes putting his family first
well glad he has ins. for the time being.........funny you talk about empathize about a guy w/ a sick child who can't afford insurance, but can afford a new bike............

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mikem317 said:
Are you fucking kidding me? You'd prioritize your bike and/or insurance over your daugher's well-being. Man, you need to be seriously bitch-slapped! :bitchslap

Give me your address so I can call Child Services! :rolleyes
IT was sarcasm smartguy! I only said that because you two made it seem like bike insurance was most important, even though i explained that his daughter was sick. If you cant sympathize with what hes going through, then you must just be one of those people who thinks they are better than everyone else. :bowdown

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RACER X said:
well glad he has ins. for the time being.........funny you talk about empathize about a guy w/ a sick child who can't afford insurance, but can afford a new bike............
yeah he bought the bike a month/ month and a half ago. His daughter got sick very soon after. He financed the bike at 17%, he gave his car to his brother, who is going through hard times. If he sold the bike he would have no way to get to work. To most people hes in a shitty situation. But i guess you have to have some hard expieriences in your life before you can understand what other people are going through.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
XxIcEmAnxX said:
IT was sarcasm smartguy! I only said that because you two made it seem like bike insurance was most important, even though i explained that his daughter was sick. If you cant sympathize with what hes going through, then you must just be one of those people who thinks they are better than everyone else. :bowdown
1. I didn't know you were fooling around there. The use of smilies or <sarcasm> pseudo-HTML would probably be best. Inherently difficult to feel out sarcasm in online forums where you're reading text.

2. I'm totally sympathizing with this guy. My heart goes out to that family. But to come here tell us that he had a "postive LEO experience" is total BS. Yeah, maybe I'm better than everyone else, I obviously would take care of my family first before it came to making insurance payments and I would leave the keys and helmet where they were.

Maybe get cheaper insurance, or hang it up for awhile and then throw your leg over when the kid gets better. Sheesh.

3. I don't think I'm better than anyone else, maybe just a little smarter than the norm.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
another point, father of a sick child, even contemplating "running" from the law, sure he might get away, what happens if he cracks up................

dead in jail, alot of good that'll do for his daughter..............

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
RACER X said:
another point, father of a sick child, even contemplating "running" from the law, sure he might get away, what happens if he cracks up................

But hey, "He said that he doesnt like giving motorcyclists tickets, because they are just out to have fun, and their speed doesnt really effect the safety of others, because they usually crash solo. Just thought id share a positive moment with the fuzzz"

In this case reckless speed would have effected the safety of others, huh? How about that daughter waiting for daddy to come home who never does?

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RACER X said:

good point, i know that i wouldnt. And i know him well enough to know he would stop. But hes just crazy enough that theres always a very small possibillity of him doing somethign dumb

1 - 20 of 31 Posts