Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Red 2000 Katana 600 with 4100 miles on and the asking price is $3100. The person that owns it siad it has never been droped or wrecked. It has always been garaged and it has a new battery. So what do you guys think?

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
:neener unless HE is giving YOU $3k to take it off his hands, dont bother. :neener

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What the hell is your problem? If you don't like the bike, shove it, I'm just asking if it's a good deal. I personaly like them and it will be my first bike, so no need to buy something with massive power so I can kill my self.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
VetteV12 said:
What the hell is your problem? If you don't like the bike, shove it, I'm just asking if it's a good deal. I personaly like them and it will be my first bike, so no need to buy something with massive power so I can kill my self.
Easy dude.. take a breath.. LOL
Your GS is probably faster than the Katana, and a LOT lighter and more comfortable... Why would you pay $3k for a slower, heavier, less comfortable bike?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry man, it's just been a REALLY bad day at work. Didn't mean to get my panties in a wad. But how is the GS faster than the 600? I know displacement doesn't always equal power but still, in theory the Kat should be faster. Doesn't it have 80hp? The GS only has about 50hp and a 100lbs less in wieght but that extra hp on the Kat should make up for the wieght and make it faster, shouldn't it?

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
The Katana is pulling a MIN of 150# extra, plus that engine is about 15 years old with ZERO updates over the last few years.. The Katana engine is something you would find at an archeological dig in Egypt.... The GS makes less HP, but the bike is lighter, and MUCH more fun. Especially the new GSX-R faired model they came out with.. Cant even tell its a 500 if you take the badging off, because it uses the same fairings as the GSX-R 600.
And dont worry about shootin off the anger, bro.. Thats why I laughed.. I know EXACTLY how passionate I was about my first couple bikes.. My first bike was a Seca II.. about 35hp.. I had a guy on a Ducati laugh at me once, and I damn near tore him off his bike and beat his ass.. Until the light turned green, and he left me in 35hp hell.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I'd pass. Let the other post discussed if you are looking for more performance look elsewhere. Overall $3100 is not bad price for that bike, maybe a few hundred too high. You should pull a nice F4 for that much money or a bit more.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
yeah.. I got a '01 ZX-6R, mint condition stock, for $4k.. I got a '94 CBR F2 almost mint condition, with aftermarket exhaust, jetting, shocks, and a couple custom scratches on the left fairing for $1500.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got my '94 fzr 600 w/ 5k miles runs great minor body damage for $2100, wouldnt you much rather pay $1000 less for an fzr a better handling more powerful, more comfortable ride?

·
Registered
813 Posts
That's close to retail... retail is around $3200 (high retail)... low retail is $2200
per NADA

So it's not a GREAT deal..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts