Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a chance to get a 99 cbr 900rr for $4,000. It has chrome frame, swingarm, wheels, etc. It's in pretty good shape, But it has 28,000 miles on it and the guy that owns it is the 2nd owner and he's no stunter by any means and is very picky about what he has and the way it's maintained. So it hasn't been dogged on, Just ridden. I was wondering if that sounds like a good deal or is that to many miles for it. Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah that sounds like a great deal...especially if he kept it well maintained as you were talking about...go for it!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well, that IS a lot of miles for a bike.

I have heard of the 900 motors running for about 3 times that milage though, so
I guess its not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It runs good and strong, And is leak free. We pulled off the lower fairings just to look at it and everything was dry. The clutches are starting to slip alittle but, I'm not worried about that. Thats fixable! Thanks guys thats what I was wanting to know, Whether or not they had a good reputation for lasting.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
Dont worry about the mileage if it has been maintained. I have seen lots of sportbikes with 50,000+ miles. Mine has 20,000 and still runs very strong.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
750srad said:
He said he just had all of that done and showed me receipts also. :)
then BUY, BUY, BUY!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2001FZ1 said:
then BUY, BUY, BUY!
I think I will!!!! Also I know a guy with a 98 zx7r with 22,000 in mint shape been rejetted full muzzy exhaust, etc. $3,800 with a jacket & helmet to match. Hows that sound or are those troublesome?

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sounds like a good deal, and I've seen alot of 900rr's w/more miles than that

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
750srad said:
I think I will!!!! Also I know a guy with a 98 zx7r with 22,000 in mint shape been rejetted full muzzy exhaust, etc. $3,800 with a jacket & helmet to match. Hows that sound or are those troublesome?

Personally, used helmets are junk to me. You never know how the thing was treated plus some other dude has been sweating in it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
thats not alot of miles for a 900rr motor,,,,its a honda they run forever

1 - 18 of 18 Posts